Windows 10: Windows Update destroyed Search Menu

Discus and support Windows Update destroyed Search Menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, many times my old PC was trying to do Windows Updates, and it always failed, yet I can't disable them. However, last time when my old laptop didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Abdulqadir Aliyev, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Windows Update destroyed Search Menu

Hi, many times my old PC was trying to do Windows Updates, and it always failed, yet I can't disable them. However, last time when my old laptop didn't succeed installing updates, the Search menu broke afterall. It does open, but it's completely frozen, like whatever I type, it does nothing, if I don't do anything, it will close by itself, and if I click on the Search UI, it, well, disappears.The SearchApp.exe process in Task Manager keeps crashing until it stops running again. WerFault.exe also keeps starting when SearchApp.exe crashes.I tried to re-enable Windows Search service WSearch, I

:)

Abdulqadir Aliyev, Nov 19, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 19, 2022
  4. Windows Update destroyed Search Menu

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 19, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update destroyed Search Menu

1. Windows Update destroyed Search Menu - Similar Threads - Update destroyed Search

2. Windows Update destroyed Search Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update destroyed Search Menu: Hi, many times my old PC was trying to do Windows Updates, and it always failed, yet I can't disable them. However, last time when my old laptop didn't succeed installing updates, the Search menu broke afterall. It does open, but it's completely frozen, like whatever I type,...
  3. Windows Update destroyed Search Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update destroyed Search Menu: Hi, many times my old PC was trying to do Windows Updates, and it always failed, yet I can't disable them. However, last time when my old laptop didn't succeed installing updates, the Search menu broke afterall. It does open, but it's completely frozen, like whatever I type,...
  4. Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu: Hi, I can't see anymore the window menu and the the search tool doesn'work anymore it does not let me type inCan you help? Paola https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-menu-disappeared-and-the-search-menu/56308d0f-bf08-47fd-8914-0b5744291f79
  5. Update search in Start Menu - Windows 10

Update search in Start Menu - Windows 10: Hello, I deleted Tor and installed the new version, in the search menu I have got the old version. How can I update the search in the start menu? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  6. Defender and Spy Bot Search and Destroy

Defender and Spy Bot Search and Destroy: Hello all seems that Defender is marking Spy bot Search and Destroy Files as Infected. Yet it is not SuperAntiSpywae would see it. Ever since the last few updates to Windows 10 also now its' crashing programs I have used for years. Next why does The Card Collection now...
  7. What is it with Windows 10 destroying local Search every second update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is it with Windows 10 destroying local Search every second update?: After I checked updates and allowed the most recent ones to install, the Windows Search is no longer working - again. Yes, I was one of those that had previously disabled Cortana/etc (a long time ago). But Microsoft fixed this a few months back after a whole year of Search...
  8. Search menu & searching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search menu & searching: Hi I’m currently on Windows 10 (18363) in S mode. Looking for some help with the following: I used to have classic shell installed to make the search box appear in the start menu (like XP). I see on windows 10 you can have it on the toolbar now, but is it possible to just...
  9. Flashplayer destroyed by windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flashplayer destroyed by windows update: After being force fed Windows auto update, flashplayer will no longer play. Error #4000/6000. Is there a solution other than rolling back the update?...
  10. windows search menu

in Cortana
    windows search menu: Hi. Windows search is not working suddenly. when i type a file name or app name its searching for a long time and no results appears. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-menu/15e4c605-fd2f-472c-996a-63d42d28acfe"