Windows 10: Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio

Discus and support Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good day all, Previously, Windows updates seemed to stall and would fail. Today, the latest WIN10 updates went through and the update tool shows green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarvinWB, Oct 13, 2021.

1. MarvinWB Win User

Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio

Good day all, Previously, Windows updates seemed to stall and would fail. Today, the latest WIN10 updates went through and the update tool shows green and that all is well and current. My music and films/audio play just fine. There is one problem, all of the Windows sounds for any sorts of prompts such as incoming mail or errors all sound the same, a brief blast of white noise. I was advised by a Microsoft tech, in an online chat, to update my sound drivers. They check fine and are current. I can either spend time and others' time to troubleshoot this or simply turn off

:)

MarvinWB, Oct 13, 2021

2. lost Sound Audio after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Type “windows updates” in the search bar and press Check for updates option. If updates are remaining, kindly install all of remaining windows updates.

Method 2: If this doesn’t help I would recommend you try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:Try Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Sound drivers. Follow the steps below

• Press Windows key + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the run prompt.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controllers, right-click the sound card, click uninstall.

• Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself.

• Manually download the latest drivers by going to the manufacturers Website.
    Hope this helps. Please respond for further queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 13, 2021
  3. NO sound in windows 10 after update audio driver.

Hey
    RabiulHasanCTG
    , so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Windows 10. I'll give you a few suggestions. I'll go ahead and assume that you already tried the step conorgdaly suggested below and not repeat that
    step to try. I hope this helps.

How to fix No Sound on Windows 10 issue

Try this method for restoring sound:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.

Step 2: Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.

Step 3: Got to Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Launch Start Menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.

Step 2: Expand Sound and audio devices.

Step 3: Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.

Step 4: Finally, click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

That's it. Your computer speakers should now be able to play sound normally. If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

Also, here is a site with good steps for troubleshooting audio.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mediaq/a...d00_audio_2d00_troubleshooting_2d00_tips.aspx

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio

no audio sound

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the exact issue you are facing with accessing sounds on your device?
    • Have you installed all the installed updates on your device after upgrading to Windows 10?

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Method 3: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio

1. Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio - Similar Threads - update destroyed Sounds

2. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates destroyed my pc: When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know what to do my pc isn't even that old and its not like i have the money to buy a new pc what can i do...
  3. Windows Update destroyed Search Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update destroyed Search Menu: Hi, many times my old PC was trying to do Windows Updates, and it always failed, yet I can't disable them. However, last time when my old laptop didn't succeed installing updates, the Search menu broke afterall. It does open, but it's completely frozen, like whatever I type,...
  4. Windows Update destroyed Search Menu

Windows Update destroyed Search Menu: Hi, many times my old PC was trying to do Windows Updates, and it always failed, yet I can't disable them. However, last time when my old laptop didn't succeed installing updates, the Search menu broke afterall. It does open, but it's completely frozen, like whatever I type,...
  5. Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio

Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio: Good day all, Previously, Windows updates seemed to stall and would fail. Today, the latest WIN10 updates went through and the update tool shows green and that all is well and current. My music and films/audio play just fine. There is one problem, all of the Windows sounds...
  6. Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update destroyed Windows Sounds not audio: Good day all, Previously, Windows updates seemed to stall and would fail. Today, the latest WIN10 updates went through and the update tool shows green and that all is well and current. My music and films/audio play just fine. There is one problem, all of the Windows sounds...
  7. Windows update destroyed audio drivers/settings(more info in the comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update destroyed audio drivers/settings(more info in the comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/69aolo420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mc1wao/windows_update_destroyed_audio/
  8. Flashplayer destroyed by windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flashplayer destroyed by windows update: After being force fed Windows auto update, flashplayer will no longer play. Error #4000/6000. Is there a solution other than rolling back the update?...
  9. Windows Update Destroyed My Audio

Windows Update Destroyed My Audio: I'm so upset. I have the current audio drivers for my computer, so the suggestion to update my drivers hasn't solved the problem. This is not cool, and it's a problem that hasn't been fixed, which is why I had to uninstall this update the FIRST time and go back to an earlier...
  10. Windows update destroyed my laptop.

Windows update destroyed my laptop.: So last night I got a message that I needed to update. I clicked to update and the whole screen went black. Nothing works. If I turn it on there are 8 beeps. I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned, if company's product breaks something, I expect them to fix or replace....