Windows 10: Windows update didnt complete and has stuffed my Asus Laptop

Discus and support Windows update didnt complete and has stuffed my Asus Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Asus laptop went into an Microsoft update last night and didnt complete. It then went into a Bios blue screen and wouldnt budge from there. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimChilds, Dec 8, 2018.

1. TimChilds Win User

Windows update didnt complete and has stuffed my Asus Laptop

My Asus laptop went into an Microsoft update last night and didnt complete. It then went into a Bios blue screen and wouldnt budge from there.

I contacted a friend who is a Computer engineer, and he spent most of the day today trying to download a Win 10 recovery file which failed on 6 attempts while trying to download onto a USB.... he tried a reputed third party (Not Microsoft) recovery file, and the laptop shut down and thay was yhat.

He seems to yhink the hard drive is either wrecked or lost everything.

Hes waiting to see when the battery has drained of it would fire up.

What comeback do I have from Microsoft?, its a two year old laptop, just out of warranty.

:)

TimChilds, Dec 8, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update didnt complete and has stuffed my Asus Laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! Windows update didnt complete and has stuffed my Asus Laptop :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Dec 8, 2018
  4. DRDNA Win User

Trackmania Nations Forever white screen on windows 8.1

Select Yes.

I'm not sure where the newer version came from as Asus doesn't list that version for your laptop....maybe Windows update did it and often windows update is wrong.

DRDNA, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update didnt complete and has stuffed my Asus Laptop - Similar Threads - update didnt complete

2. Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop: Hi, my laptop is a ASUS X515EA which I bought some 6 months ago for a course I’m taking I have to use your office software, so had to buy a windows machine. It’s been used prob <20 times for my coursework only. The only extra software installed is O365 from my university. So...
  3. Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update has killed my new ASUS laptop: Hi, my laptop is a ASUS X515EA which I bought some 6 months ago for a course I’m taking I have to use your office software, so had to buy a windows machine. It’s been used prob <20 times for my coursework only. The only extra software installed is O365 from my university. So...
  4. windows update stuffed my sound options up

windows update stuffed my sound options up: So to give a run down on how it was all set up.I run a racing simulator and base shakers for the rig. I used to be able to run all 3 of the below at the same time with no issues.1. Razer Nari gaming headset through USB 2. 5.1 speakers through rear jacks on pc3. bass shakers...
  5. windows update stuffed my sound options up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows update stuffed my sound options up: So to give a run down on how it was all set up.I run a racing simulator and base shakers for the rig. I used to be able to run all 3 of the below at the same time with no issues.1. Razer Nari gaming headset through USB 2. 5.1 speakers through rear jacks on pc3. bass shakers...
  6. My ASUS laptop does not shutdown completely

My ASUS laptop does not shutdown completely: Hi! My Laptop encountered a problem recently.A month ago, I was editing on my laptop, then I had to leave it because I was doing something. So I decided to unplug it and left it for a while.I didn't remember that I had unplugged my laptop and it shuts down on itself. When I...
  7. My ASUS laptop does not shutdown completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ASUS laptop does not shutdown completely: Hi! My Laptop encountered a problem recently.A month ago, I was editing on my laptop, then I had to leave it because I was doing something. So I decided to unplug it and left it for a while.I didn't remember that I had unplugged my laptop and it shuts down on itself. When I...
  8. Windows 10 Update has scheduled BIOS update my ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update has scheduled BIOS update my ASUS laptop: I’ve updated my Windows 10 with Windows Update, then went to optional updates, and updated the drivers there also (there was an ASUSTeK Firmware update, which made me suspicious and I left it off). Then restarted laptop, and decided to update the ASUSTeK Firmware also. It...
  9. WINDOWS 10 STUFFED MY LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 STUFFED MY LAPTOP: I have been reading posts regarding Windows 10 issues I have been having on my PC. Back in approx Sept / Oct 2018 after an update my PC would not Boot into windows 10. I wasnt sure it was a windows issue at the time, and thought I may have gotten Malware or a Virus of some...
  10. Windows 10 Update Stuffed my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Stuffed my computer: Destroyed it I used to play GIF and pictures form the same Windows viewer now I cannot play GIF I have to have another application for it.... Horrible Then my bookmarks are GONE> Work bookmarks GONE Please WIndows STOP with your "Updates" they are worse than a VIRUS...