Windows 10: windows update disable

Discus and support windows update disable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have win 10 home I want to permanently disable update please help me out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tushar_gamer, Feb 26, 2019.

1. windows update disable

I have win 10 home I want to permanently disable update please help me out

:)

tushar_gamer, Feb 26, 2019

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Feb 26, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 26, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

windows update disable

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows update disable :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

windows update disable

1. windows update disable - Similar Threads - update disable

2. Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?: I have been trying to download this update in the image and it always fails to download no matter what I do. I have a genuine windows key and did all the easy troubleshooting like a reboot and even tried some guides online to no success. This is a major issue because...
  3. Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows no longer updates on my PC, how do I permanently disable updates?: I have been trying to download this update in the image and it always fails to download no matter what I do. I have a genuine windows key and did all the easy troubleshooting like a reboot and even tried some guides online to no success. This is a major issue because...
  4. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  5. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  6. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on: Hello guys I tried disabling the windows update using the services program which runs after restarting windows. I also tried using the registry editor way which didn't work. I don't want to enable metered connection. Is there any other way to disable the windows 10 update...
  8. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on: Hello guys I tried disabling the windows update using the services program which runs after restarting windows. I also tried using the registry editor way which didn't work. I don't want to enable metered connection. Is there any other way to disable the windows 10 update...
  9. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How do I disable automatic updates in Windows 11, completely and eternally?

How do I disable automatic updates in Windows 11, completely and eternally?: A couple months back I had an update foisted upon me by our overlords, and it completely broke my Thunderbolt ports which I was highly reliant on and also my PC speakers. Over the next few weeks, another update fixed the speakers. I was about ready to take my system in to get...