Windows 10: Windows update disappeared from search

Discus and support Windows update disappeared from search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I tend to take a look at Windows update once in a while by searching for 'update' in the start menu. Now windows update is not there anymore. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bendre, Nov 24, 2020.

1. bendre Win User

Windows update disappeared from search

Hi,

I tend to take a look at Windows update once in a while by searching for 'update' in the start menu. Now windows update is not there anymore. I'm not sure when it disappeared but probably not too long ago.

I use windows 10 pro 1909, with classic shell, but that shouldn't interfere with the start menu search, never did.

I tried to google some release notes that would contain something like hiding this option but obviously didn't find any.

Any ideas?

Windows update disappeared from search 4bbbdd20-e003-426e-97c9-d758f51a6e07?upload=true.jpg

:)

bendre, Nov 24, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Nov 24, 2020
  3. nkatsar Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Windows update disappeared from search

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows update disappeared from search

1. Windows update disappeared from search - Similar Threads - update disappeared search

2. 22H2 update disappeared from Update Section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 update disappeared from Update Section: I got a windows 22h2 update a few days back but didn't install right away. Now that I tried to install it, it doesn't show me that update. I checked to see if it got installed already but it didn't. I tried the "Check for updates" but it still doesn't show up. The same thing...
  3. 22H2 update disappeared from Update Section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 update disappeared from Update Section: I got a windows 22h2 update a few days back but didn't install right away. Now that I tried to install it, it doesn't show me that update. I checked to see if it got installed already but it didn't. I tried the "Check for updates" but it still doesn't show up. The same thing...
  4. 22H2 update disappeared from update menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 update disappeared from update menu.: I got a notification saying that the 22H2 update was ready for me to install. I tried to install it but it gave me an error saying, "We couldn't install this update, but you can try again." and then it just disappeared. My specs:Legion 5 15ACH6HNvidia RTX 3060Ryzen 7...
  5. 22H2 update disappeared from update menu.

22H2 update disappeared from update menu.: I got a notification saying that the 22H2 update was ready for me to install. I tried to install it but it gave me an error saying, "We couldn't install this update, but you can try again." and then it just disappeared. My specs:Legion 5 15ACH6HNvidia RTX 3060Ryzen 7...
  6. Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu: Hi, I can't see anymore the window menu and the the search tool doesn'work anymore it does not let me type inCan you help? Paola https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-menu-disappeared-and-the-search-menu/56308d0f-bf08-47fd-8914-0b5744291f79
  7. Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu

Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu: Hi, I can't see anymore the window menu and the the search tool doesn'work anymore it does not let me type inCan you help? Paola https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-menu-disappeared-and-the-search-menu/56308d0f-bf08-47fd-8914-0b5744291f79
  8. Windows Menu disappeared and the search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Search Bar Disappears Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search Bar Disappears Windows 10: Hello, Recently whenever I try to use search in windows 10 search bar disappears to look like task bar and I can't use it. you can see the problem in the image below. [ATTACH] Thanks in advance...
  10. Coratana Search box disappeared from my taskbar

in Cortana
    Coratana Search box disappeared from my taskbar: The search box which is usually found in the task bar has disappeared all of a sudden. When I went to the settings, the 'show search bar' option was not available. How do we bring it back to the task bar. And how to increase the size and icons in the task bar?...