Windows 10: Windows Update disappearing and some of apps got deleted

Discus and support Windows Update disappearing and some of apps got deleted in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi i have some problems with the services/functions. 1. The Windows Update Service disappears without a trace 2. Some functions "alt+f4" or "alt+tab"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TraxyJR, Feb 18, 2019.

1. TraxyJR Win User

Windows Update disappearing and some of apps got deleted

Hi i have some problems with the services/functions.

1. The Windows Update Service disappears without a trace

2. Some functions "alt+f4" or "alt+tab" deactivate themselves

3. Some apps that delete themselves (example: Eset NOD32 Antivirus)

i tried with "sfc /scannow" , "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth" , "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" or to run "Troubleshoot" but no one worked and every time i need to reinstall the windows

:)

TraxyJR, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows Update disappearing and some of apps got deleted ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Feb 18, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update disappearing and some of apps got deleted - Similar Threads - Update disappearing apps

2. Windows Update deleting some of my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update deleting some of my drivers: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I've noticed one thing for the couple of months: Windows, whenever updates itself, auto-deletes my AMD graphics and chipset drivers. I find it very annoying having to reinstall those drivers after every single update. Is there any permanent fixes to...
  3. Windows Update deleting some of my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update deleting some of my drivers: I am using Windows 11 Pro. I've noticed one thing for the couple of months: Windows, whenever updates itself, auto-deletes my AMD graphics and chipset drivers. I find it very annoying having to reinstall those drivers after every single update. Is there any permanent fixes to...
  4. Windows 10 weather app update deleted some Favorites Places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 weather app update deleted some Favorites Places: The latest Weather App upgrades deleted over half of my Favorites Locations Places. What is the maximum number of favorites one can have?How can you rearrange the order of favorites? Click and drag would be a big improvement!Thanks!...
  5. Windows 10 weather app update deleted some Favorites Places

Windows 10 weather app update deleted some Favorites Places: The latest Weather App upgrades deleted over half of my Favorites Locations Places. What is the maximum number of favorites one can have?How can you rearrange the order of favorites? Click and drag would be a big improvement!Thanks!...
  6. start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work: Hello, my system consist of three drives: - C: 128 GB SSD which is where windows installed - D and E: both sum is 3 TB and I keep all files and installations on them. my windows started to crash randomly and the C drive was getting low on spacelike 15 GB remaining. so I...
  7. Windows Got Deleted

Windows Got Deleted: I am not english so sorry for grammar.So i wanted to clean my computer i decided to make Factory Recover ok i waited wverything then when it finished another thing loaded and i got error that windows not found i searched web how to fix and i did it with. Shift f10 thing then...
  8. my connect app in windows 10 got disappeared

my connect app in windows 10 got disappeared: suddenly my connect app got disappeared now what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-connect-app-in-windows-10-got-disappeared/f6854f0d-35b9-4a97-a866-9c1102bffe38
  9. Hi, we've got some updates for you.......

Hi, we've got some updates for you.......: This appeared on my pc yesterday but only on my account, not my son's or the wife's. I've read that there is a big update coming for Windows 10 and thought it was that. Read a few things on the net and it seems legit so left the pc on overnight. This morning nothing had...
  10. After Windows 10 update, some programs disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 update, some programs disappeared: I have an issue with Windows 10 update. The problem is in disappearing software that I have installed on my system before. My laptop is completely new, I bought it a few days ago. I installed several programs and started to update Windows. Imagine my shock when I didn’t find...