Windows 10: Windows Update Disaster

Discus and support Windows Update Disaster in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm currently trying Windows Update but for the past six-seven months, there has been no solution. 1- My Windows Update page is blank. There's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ares Peverell, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Windows Update Disaster

I'm currently trying Windows Update but for the past six-seven months, there has been no solution. 1- My Windows Update page is blank. There's the three dot animation but it keeps ices moving and there's no loading at all.2- I tried enabling the services but it still doesn't works.3- I tried using elevated cmd commands but it simply shows me that the files are missing.4-Tried using manual updates. Doesn't even works.5-My Store doesn't even downloads files anymore.6-I have tried every possible fix on this this damn site. The issue still continues. Yet, no change at all.I could't get it do

:)

Ares Peverell, Jun 20, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Disaster :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 20, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 20, 2021
  4. chispy Win User

Windows Update Disaster

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update Disaster

1. Windows Update Disaster - Similar Threads - Update Disaster

2. KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor: After installing KB5035853, massive performance drop for AMD 6800 processor. Microsoft must test their updates on both AMD and Intel and not just Intel before pushing updates onto their users. Some research indicated that this update already had issues weeks ago. After...
  3. KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor: After installing KB5035853, massive performance drop for AMD 6800 processor. Microsoft must test their updates on both AMD and Intel and not just Intel before pushing updates onto their users. Some research indicated that this update already had issues weeks ago. After...
  4. Windows Update Disaster Again Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Disaster Again Help: Despite what has been paid to MS, Windows has cost me tens of thousands of dollars in lost work and put me out of business thrice! Windows forced updates not only does it shut down the computers, at inopportune times, it wipes out the secured data! Months and Months of Work!...
  5. Windows Update Disaster Again Help

Windows Update Disaster Again Help: Despite what has been paid to MS, Windows has cost me tens of thousands of dollars in lost work and put me out of business thrice! Windows forced updates not only does it shut down the computers, at inopportune times, it wipes out the secured data! Months and Months of Work!...
  6. Store updating apps is a disaster

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store updating apps is a disaster: As for the title says my Store is not updating apps at all. Remove my anti virus for this update and still not working. All I can see is something went wrong with no resolution. I tried the troubleshooter but nothing....
  7. Store updating apps is a disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store updating apps is a disaster: As for the title says my Store is not updating apps at all. Remove my anti virus for this update and still not working. All I can see is something went wrong with no resolution. I tried the troubleshooter but nothing....
  8. Store updating apps is a disaster

9. Windows Updates are a Disaster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates are a Disaster: The updates on Windows 10, and now 11, are a total joke. Everytime one comes up, I'm forced to stop my work and spend the next 2-6 hours installing them. And that's if they download and install correctly. If not, I'm forced to spend the rest of my day with various...
  10. Windows Updates are a Disaster

Windows Updates are a Disaster: The updates on Windows 10, and now 11, are a total joke. Everytime one comes up, I'm forced to stop my work and spend the next 2-6 hours installing them. And that's if they download and install correctly. If not, I'm forced to spend the rest of my day with various...