Windows 10: Windows Update Disk Space Management

Discus and support Windows Update Disk Space Management in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all just having a problem with updating my windows 10 pc. I dont currently have enough space to download it and i wanted to know if i can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by waelchehayeb, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Windows Update Disk Space Management

Hi all just having a problem with updating my windows 10 pc. I dont currently have enough space to download it and i wanted to know if i can use another drive and if theres a way to configure this. i have a C: drive which is my SSD and has windows on it and a D: drive which has lots of space, i wanted to know to change the update download location to my D: drive. Thank you

:)

waelchehayeb, Sep 27, 2020

2. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Windows Update Disk Space Management

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Windows Update Disk Space Management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Disk Space Management

1. Windows Update Disk Space Management - Similar Threads - Update Disk Space

2. Disk Management partition free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management partition free space: Win 10 Pro, 21H2, fully up-to-date. Disk Management shows status of partitions 1, 4, 5, 6 and C: partition 3 on the 512GB SSD boot drive disk 1. It lists the capacity of the partitions, how much is Free Space, and % Free. For partitions 1, 4, 5, 6, it says their entire...
  3. Disk Management partition free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Management partition free space: Win 10 Pro, 21H2, fully up-to-date. Disk Management shows status of partitions 1, 4, 5, 6 and C: partition 3 on the 512GB SSD boot drive disk 1. It lists the capacity of the partitions, how much is Free Space, and % Free. For partitions 1, 4, 5, 6, it says their entire...
  4. Disk Management partition free space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. disk space management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk space management: I have unallocated space but i am unable to add it to c drive as it is not adjacent to c drive.how to move unallocated space to the right of c drive so that extend volume option is not greyed out...
  6. disk space management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk space management: I have unallocated space but i am unable to add it to c drive as it is not adjacent to c drive.how to move unallocated space to the right of c drive so that extend volume option is not greyed out...
  7. disk space management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management: How do I move my unallocated space from disk 0 to disk 1 without using any outside sources. [Original Title: Disk Management] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-unallocated-space-in-the-disk-management/b88aa317-e6d3-4902-9fd4-6794aa4912b9
  9. Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management: Hi, So I shrunk my F: drive volume by 30000MB, and after shrinking it, it was not visible as unallocated space. At this point, my F: Drive's space decreased 30GB, yet the unallocated space wasn't visible on Disk Management. Thus, I tried to shrink it again, but the same...
  10. Disk space management assistance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk space management assistance: Good job, ! I'm glad you got it sorted.*Smile IF you were to want to recover that disk space (now unallocated) to use in the Windows partition, the next step would be using a partition tool (similar to: https://www.partitionwizard.com/free...n-manager.html ) to slide the...