Windows 10: Windows update disk usage

Discus and support Windows update disk usage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a way to set the windows update to a "lower priority" or something else that would enable a slower download, which could allow reduction of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TwistedShadow26, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Windows update disk usage

Is there a way to set the windows update to a "lower priority" or something else that would enable a slower download, which could allow reduction of disk usage and lag? Whenever my computer downloads the update, it lags so badly that I can barely use it.

:)

TwistedShadow26, Nov 7, 2018

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10, 100% disk usage

Hi Eric,

Sometimes your computer could run very slow even though you have only very few programs running. Since you're having issue with your 100% disk usage, it is always suggested that you keep your device drivers updated to eliminate the possibility of such problems.

Let us walk you through some steps that may help us resolve your issue. Follow the steps below:

Step 1:
    Update device drivers

This will help us remove/delete any corrupted data and issues with the PC hardware and make their operations work.

Step 2: Disable Antivirus Software and Windows Defender.

If you have installed antivirus or anti-malware programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, AVG, or Malwarebytes, it is suggested that you turn them off or disable them temporary to see if the disk usage could be back to normal. If the antivirus or anti-malware
    software is at fault, we suggest that you consult the software manufacturers to see if they can provide some help.

Hope the above information helps.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Windows update disk usage

How to solve 100 % disk usage in windows 10 after fall update?

Hi Manikanteswara,

Usually, a virus could be the main cause of 100% disk usage. The first step in rectifying the problem is to check your disk usages. You need to open the Task Manager and take a look at your disk usages to identify the programs or applications that are causing
    your hard disk 100% usage. Here's how:

• Type task manager in the Windows search bar and select the best match.
    • In the Processes tab, look at the disk process to see what is causing your hard disk 100% usage.

Kindly send a screenshot, so I can take a closer look.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows update disk usage

1. Windows update disk usage - Similar Threads - update disk usage

2. disk usage issue after window update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk usage issue after window update: hey i have one doubt since 2004 i don't know when we upgrade the window in my pc so after upgrading my system was going very slow mode and then i was check in task manager so my disk usage was 100% usage but cpu was normal showing that time its is very rare issue in window...
  3. disk usage issue after window update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk usage issue after window update: hey i have one doubt since 2004 i don't know when we upgrade the window in my pc so after upgrading my system was going very slow mode and then i was check in task manager so my disk usage was 100% usage but cpu was normal showing that time its is very rare issue in window...
  4. Windows Updates Cause 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Updates Cause 100% Disk Usage: Every time I've gotten a windows update that requires a PC restart, OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS probably longer, it has caused a problem where upon restarting, my laptop is running 100% disk usage at all times no matter how many applications are open. It does this even when all...
  5. Windows update spikes disk usage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update spikes disk usage: Windows update spikes my disk usage to 100% and the disk usage remains between 60-100% every time I update my windows. Is this an issue or it's just normal?...
  6. Disk usage of Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk usage of Windows: Hello. My disk has a total space of 931 GB from which Windows uses 681 GB. How can I despre some of the space because I don't have any space left? Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-of-windows/2428ed67-1943-4191-98ad-da18587b3241
  7. 100% disk usage after windows update

100% disk usage after windows update: I've updated my computer and Task Explorer states that the hard drive is at 100% disk usage. I'm not very tech savvy, is this normal ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-usage-after-windows-update/a7331e73-2bc5-4d01-9acd-33fe53d755c6
  8. 100% disk usage after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage after windows update: Hi! So I have just recently updated my computer last week on Thursday and ever since then my disk usage has been sitting at 100% most of the time without running anything in the background. I have tried with disabling superfetch and the other thing (I can't remember what it...
  9. Windows update fails/ disk usage

Windows update fails/ disk usage: [IMG]every time i try to update my computer it does this and i need to know if it is in any way going to affect my computer from working ok and how i can get these updates to install properly. Also the task manager where it shows disk usage is flashing red and says its at...
  10. Windows Update Disk Usage

Windows Update Disk Usage: Okay, I have a brand new HP Omen 15-AX250WM laptop.. I7 processor, 12gb ram, NVidia 1050TI graphics card, etc... Ever since I got it, I've been having issues with extreme lag at times when doing anything. I initially thought it was something that I downloaded or a...