Windows 10: Windows Update does not download and install the anniversary update.

Discus and support Windows Update does not download and install the anniversary update. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am downloading the update manually. Have others had the same issue with windows update not showing the update? I'm not sure my WU is working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alicia J, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Alicia J Win User

Windows Update does not download and install the anniversary update.

I am downloading the update manually. Have others had the same issue with windows update not showing the update?

I'm not sure my WU is working because of this.

:)

Alicia J, Aug 2, 2016
  2. sumenWin Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary update fails to install 76% into the installation process

Hi All

Windows 10 Anniversary is not installing

Received the update via windows update and it failed during the restart and installation phase.After that it wasn't present in windows update.

I then deleted the anniversary update files from C/Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Downloads and also the anniversary files from C/

then downloaded the windows 10 update assistance from Microsoft and it downloads the windows 10 Anniversary update and does the same thing, restarts and installs and then fails at 76% and restores the pc.

What can I do ?

Using Lenovo flex 2 14 on windows 10 version 1511

sumenWin, Aug 2, 2016
  3. windows update and install

anniversary update for my windows 10 gets downloaded but does not get installed it says error though other updates get installed

Sizzlingsuraj, Aug 2, 2016
  4. mart1981 Win User

Have you tried this - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...setting_client

Recommended today by another forum member - may just work

mart1981, Aug 2, 2016
  5. Alicia J Win User
    I'm trying that right now. It's downloading. Perhaps it's being rolled out in phases thru windows update.

Thanks.

Alicia J, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update does not download and install the anniversary update. - Similar Threads - Update does download

2. Why does a windows optional update download but not install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does a windows optional update download but not install?: the lastest optional updates will download but does not even start to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-a-windows-optional-update-download-but/205c32a1-7788-4c6d-a053-cea3dd22e4e2
  3. Anniversary Update?

Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  4. Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607

Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  5. Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot install Windows 10 anniversary update: Hello all, Need some help... I had Windows 7 Ultimate on my pc then, I got the free copy of Windows 10 per Microsoft. My system now is Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS build (10586.633) The anniversary update fails every time..... things that I have tried: completely...
  6. Installed Anniversary Update on SB, Windows Updates are failing

Installed Anniversary Update on SB, Windows Updates are failing: Hello all, I installed the Anniversary Windows 10 update from scratch on my Surface Book. After installing all the Surface Book drivers, I ran Windows Update and it downloaded and wanted to install more device drivers. Most of those drivers failed to install and it...
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Update download

Windows 10 Anniversary Update download: Where is the best place too get this update,running 1511 now. Want to download to usb for another computer if possible 63540
  8. Best Method For Installing the Anniversary Update?

Best Method For Installing the Anniversary Update?: I've finally decided to install the Anniversary Update on my desktop PC after being wary of the missing drives / RAW format problems reported on this forum - although I've seen no recent reports of problems. What's the best update method - just let Windows automatically...
  9. Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.

Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.: Went to the Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) site and after selecting the correct edition I tried to downloaded the ISO to a USB 3 drive (16 GB capacity). Each time I attempted the download, 3 times, it go to 97% and then said the download was interrupted. When I...
  10. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115