Windows 10: Windows Update Download Source Locations

Discus and support Windows Update Download Source Locations in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, We have some customers that are concerned about the location of source Windows update download location. For Security and Compliance reasons,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trek1363, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Trek1363 Win User

Windows Update Download Source Locations

Hello,

We have some customers that are concerned about the location of source Windows update download location. For Security and Compliance reasons, they are asking if it possible to limit download sources to US only. Does anyone know of a way to get that done? I vaguely remember being able to do something like that using WSUS, is that a thing?

Thanks!

:)

Trek1363, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Trek1363 Win User

Hello,

We have some customers that are concerned about the location of source Windows update download location. For Security and Compliance reasons, they are asking if it possible to limit download sources to US only. Does anyone know of a way to get that done?
    I vaguely remember being able to do something like that using WSUS, is that a thing?

Thanks!

Trek1363, Aug 5, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Counter-Strike: Source Update Available

Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
    • Added cs_militia with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting
    • Fixed player name crash exploit
    • Fixed rare visibility issue near portals such as doorways and windows
    • Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in doors becoming stuck closed
    • Fixed animation issue with shotgun reloads interrupting fire animations
    • Fixed bug where footsteps sometimes sounded for crouched players on stairs or slopes (they no longer do)
    • Fixed buy menu locking up if keypad Enter is bound to "buymenu"
    • Detail props sway in the breeze now
    • Underwater observers no longer play drowning damage sounds
    • Hostages can open doors and step up onto ledges/stairs now
    Source: Steam

malware, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Windows Update Download Source Locations

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Update Download Source Locations - Similar Threads - Update Download Source

2. The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...: Hi,When I play games, it crashes. When I download games, file is corrupted. I have reinstalled a lot of time, reformat my SSDs, and still my window's files is corrupted. I have switch back and forth from windows 11 to 10. I have two m.2 SSDs 1tb and tried to use them...
  3. The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...: Hi,When I play games, it crashes. When I download games, file is corrupted. I have reinstalled a lot of time, reformat my SSDs, and still my window's files is corrupted. I have switch back and forth from windows 11 to 10. I have two m.2 SSDs 1tb and tried to use them...
  4. LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE: Hi! I think I accidentally clicked on something while setting up my laptop when I updated to windows 11. Now, all the files from software updates keep on saving in my drive D This PC:DataD. Can u guys teach me how to change the default location of these files so that whenever...
  5. LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE

LOCATION OF DOWNLOADED FILES FROM WINDOWS UPDATE: Hi! I think I accidentally clicked on something while setting up my laptop when I updated to windows 11. Now, all the files from software updates keep on saving in my drive D This PC:DataD. Can u guys teach me how to change the default location of these files so that whenever...
  6. Windows Store Download location

Windows Store Download location: I am trying to change the download location of the windows store downloads, I have located how to do this but I am returned with this http://prntscr.com/o793ew ,where I don't really want to delete anything from my drive is there any way around this? (the drive is my...
  7. Location of Windows 10 Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Location of Windows 10 Download: Hi, I downloaded Windows 10 on my computer and then allowed it install on my computer. I received an error message stating Windows 10 failed to reboot during the 2nd reboot phase. Then it restored all settings back to the were before the installation. The reason the...
  8. MS Paint "Save as" location is NOT the file source location

MS Paint "Save as" location is NOT the file source location: Hi, In Windows 8.1 (and as far as I can remember in all previous Windows versions) I used to be able to do the following: In Windows Explorer: Open a .jpg file from anywhere in my file system, by right mouse clicking and choosing "edit" After editing: "Save as" (press...
  9. DISM Source Not located

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Source Not located: I ran SFC check and found corrupt files that were not fixed so I ran dism and when doing the restorehealth I get errors that source cannot be located. I have tried ISO disc in dvd drive, mounting the ISO image but still get no source; I need some help, thanks. 72131
  10. DISM locating and downloading sources.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM locating and downloading sources.: So, my pc crashed three times the past couple days (CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION), i asked a buddy of mine and he told me to do a sfc /scanow and DISM to fix this problem. Sfc/scanow didn't detect anything wrong and DISM...