Windows 10: windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu

Discus and support windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why did I get an update for (KB4465065) when I have an AMD cpu. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? Went through Microsoft chat and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pvrcs, Jun 12, 2019.

1. pvrcs Win User

windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu

Why did I get an update for (KB4465065) when I have an AMD cpu. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? Went through Microsoft chat and they could not answer my question.

:)

pvrcs, Jun 12, 2019
  2. 秋豪李 Win User

Windows 10(1803) trying to push an Intel update(KB4100347) to my AMD PC

Hi,

I'm on Win 10 1803 and the Windows update program had just downloaded the following patch:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=4100347

It seems like this microcode update is just for CPUs of Intel instead of AMD's, but my computer's CPU is AMD ryzen 5 1600.

Everything on my computer is fine so far, maybe the code in the update file automatically checks if the processor is Intel or AMD.

I just wonder why Windows doesn't make an accurate update( scan the CPU first ), and does this mean that if there is an update for AMD, an Intel-CPU user will also receive it?

秋豪李, Jun 12, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 12, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu - Similar Threads - update downloads Intel

2. Windows 10 Update will not download Intel Updates 10.29.0.6040

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update will not download Intel Updates 10.29.0.6040: Has anyone ran into this issue where clicking the download button does nothing? I have tried uninstalling recent updates and ran intel driver support assist and still no Dice. I have also ran Windows Support update tool and this show everything is up top date. Is this a...
  3. Windows 10 Update will not download Intel Updates 10.29.0.6040

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update will not download Intel Updates 10.29.0.6040: Has anyone ran into this issue where clicking the download button does nothing? I have tried uninstalling recent updates and ran intel driver support assist and still no Dice. I have also ran Windows Support update tool and this show everything is up top date. Is this a...
  4. Windows 10 Update will not download Intel Updates 10.29.0.6040

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microcode Update for Intel CPU's

Microcode Update for Intel CPU's: Hi! I update my laptop ME firmware and my CPU microcode, the last one via Windows Update. Is it going to be an update for desktop processors? Because the update for 10th gen Intel CPU's to update the microcode are only for mobile devices and i can't find one for desktop...
  6. AMD update STILL appearing for Intel Processors !!!

AMD update STILL appearing for Intel Processors !!!: Today I've finally been updating my version of Windows 10 1703 on my laptop, since its NIC is no longer supported and I had to get a dongle. During the process, however, I noticed an update meant for AMD processors, even though my system uses one from Intel I also have an...
  7. AMD version of Windows Update 1809 on Intel computer?

AMD version of Windows Update 1809 on Intel computer?: Currently Windows update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03" is listed as "Pending download". My laptop, however, uses an Intel Core i7-6500U Processor. After letting Windows proceed with the update, which took hours and didn't return any errors,...
  8. KB4100347 why is microsoft pushing this update to none intel cpu's mainly amd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB4100347 why is microsoft pushing this update to none intel cpu's mainly amd: KB4100347 why is microsoft pushing this update to none intel cpu's mainly amd I would think that all the insiders and months of testing, microsoft could tell the difference in cpu architect or maybe I am wrong on that assumption. Unless I am going to swap out my...
  9. 1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD: Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result. Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod) ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried...
  10. 1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD: Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result. Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod) ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are intel cpu microcode updates applied automatically in windows update?

2. KB4465065 AMD

3. Intel update on an AMD cpu: Why did I get an update for (KB4465065) when I have an AMD cpu. Has this

4. Why Windows update is AMD while i have Intel cpu,
  5. KB4465065 for amd ,
  6. amd processors update,
  7. kb4465065 on amd