Windows 10: Windows Update Driver Error encountered

Discus and support Windows Update Driver Error encountered in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update error. I am getting an error when I try and update Windows 10: "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CWilliamson31, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Windows Update Driver Error encountered

Windows Update error. I am getting an error when I try and update Windows 10: "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install." I have clicked Retry several times but am still getting this error message.

:)

CWilliamson31, Apr 2, 2021
  2. fdm2000 Win User

Error Encountered for drivers updates

Running Win 10 v 2004 currently with a Dell desktop pc. When I went to Windows Update there was the version 20H2 update available along with Recommended updates of 3 drivers I am still deciding whether to install 20H2. When I checked the 3 listed drives for downloading and installing the Error Encountered notification. Oddly I have since retruned to Windows Update and the only update shown now is version 20H2?

fdm2000, Apr 2, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Error Encountered for drivers updates

Windows Update Driver Error encountered [​IMG]

How did you find the driver updates?

dalchina, Apr 2, 2021
  4. DaMulta Win User

Windows Update Driver Error encountered

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update Driver Error encountered

1. Windows Update Driver Error encountered - Similar Threads - Update Driver Error

2. Windows Update Error Encountered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Error Encountered: I help 1 guy with my method to disable bits and windows update in services and other method using command prompt to stop bits and windows update then clear files in software distribution then enable back bits and try to sfc /scannow on command prompt then install windows...
  3. Windows Update - Error Encountered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Error Encountered: Whenever I hit "Retry" on the Windows Update section of Settings I get a message always saying "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  4. Windows Update Error Encountered

Windows Update Error Encountered: [ATTACH] I am getting this message when I attempt to update windows. How do I fix it? Bruce https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-encountered/599b2342-a1a1-453e-9168-35297d50c8bb
  5. Error Encountered for drivers updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error Encountered for drivers updates: I found 3 recommended driver updates but am unable to download and install- getting the following " Error Encountered Last checked Jan 6 @ 11:40 a.m. Service is shutting down" Anyone know what this might be and why? Any work arounds? Frank 171833
  6. Windows Update Error Encountered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Error Encountered: I updated to latest Windows Version from Update Assistant. I'm still having same issue it won't connect to Windows Update. [img] Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2OS build 19042.572Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 168458
  7. Windows Update DRIVER. Error Encountered.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update DRIVER. Error Encountered.: WINDOWS 10 UPDATE, ERROR ENCOUNTERED, SYNAPTIC MOUSE DRIVER 19.2.17.70 has downloaded automatically 28 times. Error message states: A current driver on you PC, may be better than the driver we're trying to install. OPTION OFFERED" RETRY KEEPS FAILING to download a compatible...
  8. Windows Update: Error Encountered

Windows Update: Error Encountered: Hi, I am receiving this error since yesterday: [ATTACH] What do I do to resolve this error? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-encountered/617014f7-9bef-4b8b-9a72-86fbace5eca8
  9. Windows Update error encountered

Windows Update error encountered: My windows update just stopped. I don't know the reason but because of that Windows defender is empty. It says security at a glance then there's nothing please someone help me with these. Thanks!![ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Update - Error Encountered

Windows Update - Error Encountered: Hiya, I have been receiving the following error since 24 November 2019: "There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0xc8000641". Does...