Windows 10: Windows Update Driver for 6800 Go? Windows 10 issues.

Discus and support Windows Update Driver for 6800 Go? Windows 10 issues. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Is anyone familiar with finding or pulling specific Windows 8.1 updates? My issue is that I'm trying to get this GPU to work or be fully recognized in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MetaMorphy, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Windows Update Driver for 6800 Go? Windows 10 issues.

Is anyone familiar with finding or pulling specific Windows 8.1 updates? My issue is that I'm trying to get this GPU to work or be fully recognized in Windows 10. I know it's an ancient laptop by all means, but the GPU worked in Windows 8.1, and Windows 8.1 had a specific driver for the 6800 Go in Windows update.

The problem ends up being that Windows 10 is not finding this driver, or it isn't included in its updates as of yet. So I'm stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. The bios shows it's working and still available, even Windows 10 recognizes that it is in fact a Nvidia Chipset, the problem is that it only wants to install the basic display driver and it won't allow me to install any Nvidia drivers, saying the hardware cannot be detected or that my hardware is already up to date.

I've found drivers outside of Windows update that are compatible with Windows 7/8.1, but none of them detect the card. If I modify the configuration to detect my laptops card, it will install but it leads to another problem. During the installation when the driver kicks in, and the display switches resolutions, the screen on the laptop just goes black with a cursor. You can clearly tell the resolution was increased because the cursor becomes much sharper, and I can even hear and execute windows commands blindly, but for some reason it won't display anything other than the mouse cursor, but it's obvious the computer is still working, just something up with the display when it installs the driver. The only reason I mention this part is because maybe someone knows what I'm talking about or could help me solve this problem.

Like I said before though, I used the driver from Windows update in 8.1 before I upgraded the laptop, and that worked for the 6800 Go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MetaMorphy, Aug 9, 2015
  2. araarayan Win User

Windows 10 Display Adapter Issue

Hello,

Since updating to Windows 10 I have the issue of screen flickering, primarily when starting a video or opening a file. Either action will cause the screen to flicker twice. I believe its an issue with my drivers for my AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series graphics
    card. The card comes up twice under the Display Adapter setting. If I disable one, the issue of screen flashing ceases. However, if I disable either one, I lose my audio driver. Both drivers are updated, so updating is not the issue.

araarayan, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - flashing box

Just installed windows 10 today and have the flashing box problem. Have a Dell 8300 with AMD 6800. Drivers are the latest. Never an issue with windows 7. Box flashes on windows background and shows up when apps are running too. Very annoying.

BarryHardy, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Windows Update Driver for 6800 Go? Windows 10 issues.

Found this driver here, in another thread Win 10 doesnt install due my Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 - can it be sorted? | Windows 10 Forums As I said the ones I knew that worked in more recent versions of Windows for this GPU are provided through Windows Update. You can download the driver from this link MEGA if you are experiencing similar issues with an older laptop GPU that may be close in range with the one I was trying to fix.

Every issue I've been having has be resolved, even the black screen during the driver installation process that never went away. This driver was apparently manually downloaded from a Windows Update in 8.1., it works in 10.

Should be noted it's a 32bit driver, you may have luck searching for that specific driver in 64bit versions if you need to.

MetaMorphy, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Windows Update Driver for 6800 Go? Windows 10 issues.

1. Windows Update Driver for 6800 Go? Windows 10 issues. - Similar Threads - Update Driver 6800

2. Windows 10 Update-Driver Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update-Driver Issues: My computer recently updated to Windows 10 20H2. Everything went fine, except I got this Error Message, which seems to happen every time my computer updates Windows 10. It says, "A Current Driver on your PC may be better than the Driver we're trying to install". In the...
  3. Where's the brother mfc 6800 driver for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where's the brother mfc 6800 driver for windows 10: I have Windows 10 enterprise loaded onto my Acer laptop. I want to load up the built in drivers for my old Brother MFC 6800 printer. I can't find the printer in the list of Brother drivers when I go through Settings>Printers>Add Printers>Add a Local Printer With Manual...
  4. Windows 10 driver issue

Windows 10 driver issue: On my microsoft surface go i have been unable to connect to the internet. Looking into it there seems to be some kind of issue with my driver. I tried to update my driver but it says its up to date. Most solutions to this problem seem to say you can just install a new driver...
  5. Hibernation issues, Driver issues and cannot update windows 10

Hibernation issues, Driver issues and cannot update windows 10: my laptop keeps telling me that I need to update my drivers. when the system automatically updates it undoes the windows 10 updates. and my computer goes into hibernation mode and cannot come out of it....
  6. AMD Drivers Update Issue on Windows 10

AMD Drivers Update Issue on Windows 10: Hi , I am using Windows 10 Pro Edition . I am using AMD R9 2000 SERIES Graphics Card. My problem is that i am unable to update my graphics drivers . I have tried formatting , reinstalling the OS , Uninstalling previous AMD Drivers in safe mode using DDU and doing fresh...
  7. Windows 10 update Keyboard Driver issues

Windows 10 update Keyboard Driver issues: Hello, After the windows 10 update (was available last tue, but just installed it) I was having some cpu issues with it, where it would max out at 100%. To try to alleviate this issue I tried to roll back the update, but when I did my keyboard stopped working. I cant sign on,...
  8. windows update issue (going in loop)

windows update issue (going in loop): windows update is going again and again it is first getting downloaded then preparing to install then installing and this process is going again and again in loop why this is happening? how to fix this problem?...
  9. Windows 10 Update Driver issue

Windows 10 Update Driver issue: Soon after the latest Windows 10 update, the Bluetooth, audio have gone bad and showing issues. The audio device keeps changing from not found to found state. Multiple people in my team are facing this issue after the update. Kindly note this is an issue with the windows...
  10. Windows 10 October update driver issues

Windows 10 October update driver issues: I keep having issues with device drivers after updating to windows 10 32 bit october update on my toshiba satellite L305D-S5900 and i log this in feedback hub i need help anyone [ATTACH]...