Windows 10: Windows Update effected my recording equipment

Discus and support Windows Update effected my recording equipment in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, So Im having problems trying to figure out why my audio recording equipment suddenly has a crackling and popping noise when I record vocals.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by takadakeyo, May 4, 2021.

1. Windows Update effected my recording equipment

Greetings, So Im having problems trying to figure out why my audio recording equipment suddenly has a crackling and popping noise when I record vocals. I tried to narrow down the problem and thought it was my Audio interface or mic, but they were working just fine UNTIL I updated my laptop. I havent updated in about 6months, but I needed to update for an app to work. It was the day after updating, when my audio had problems. I confirmed this by testing on a older laptop that has not been updated, as well as on my Macbook pro and had no crackling or popping sounds. So I dont know much about windows updates, but is there a way to better find out what update effected this? Im on a Asus laptop Scar15, intel i9, RTX 2070 Super and 32Gb Ram. And my recording equipment is Audio Technica AT2035 with Focusrite 2i2. All of my drivers for my interface are up to date as well as my recording programs.

:)

takadakeyo, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Update effected my recording equipment

Hi, let's try to make this a little simpler for you.

a. Search for, download, install and run LatencyMon (free) for, say 20-30 mins. (Click the little trangle).
    b. Post a screenshot (picture) of its window

It will look something like this:

Windows Update effected my recording equipment [​IMG]

c. Build number: the forum displayed a prompt like this when you created your post (so we don't have to keep asking..)

d. Please post a screenshot (or screenshots) of your Update History including drivers at the bottom. Something like this:

- note drivers are at the bottom.

We can then see what you got when. Thanks.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  3. Windows Update effected my recording equipment

Greetings,
    So Im having problems trying to figure out why my audio recording equipment suddenly has a crackling and popping noise when I record vocals. I tried to narrow down the problem and thought it was my Audio interface or mic, but they were working just fine UNTIL I updated my laptop. I havent updated in about 6months, but I needed to update for an app to work. It was the day after updating, when my audio had problems.

I confirmed this by testing on a older laptop that has not been updated, as well as on my Macbook pro and had no crackling or popping sounds.

So I dont know much about windows updates, but is there a way to better find out what update effected this?

Im on a Asus laptop Scar15, intel i9, RTX 2070 Super and 32Gb Ram. And my recording equipment is Audio Technica AT2035 with Focusrite 2i2.
    All of my drivers for my interface are up to date as well as my recording programs.

takadakeyo, May 4, 2021
  4. Windows Update effected my recording equipment

Thanks! Thats a huge help and I went ahead and updated my computer specs as well as my version!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you the screenshots really helped and I understood even with my limited computer knowledge! So I looked up my build version and its Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928)
    And I took screen shots of my results from LatencyMon and my updates list. Sure enough looks like theres some problems when I ran LatencyMon.

takadakeyo, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Update effected my recording equipment - Similar Threads - Update effected recording

2. Install XP for test equipment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install XP for test equipment: I have a measurement device that uses a parallel port and software that only works on Windows XP.So I'm trying to install XP on an old Dell XPS that has Windows 7 on it.I ran the XP installer from CD-ROM but can't get past the license/product key.I've entered various keys...
  3. Network equipment security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network equipment security: Hello Microsoft Gurus:I have a technical question involving mechanical aspects of securing your accesses from cybercriminals. Having previously owned my own modem/routers, is it more secure than using the service provider's equipment who's security software you have no...
  4. Activation after equipment change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after equipment change: Troubleshooting does not help, since the computer is not in the list of devices and the windows editions do not match, although the key is from windows 10 pro. When you enter the key, an error pops up...
  5. Equipment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Equipment: Can someone recomend the best middle of the road setup for Microsoft Flight simulator 2020? i need everything from the computer to controls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/equipment/72da2741-79b9-4be1-af54-54f50cabb5b2
  6. Updating BIOS on older equipment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating BIOS on older equipment: When going to HP for an upgrade I kept getting the old song and dance about not having the correct system to go with the older computer. I am running Windows 10 Pro, not only that, I am using version 2004 build 19041.113. No BIOS available. Using a little Computer logic I...
  7. update side effects

update side effects: Some weeks ago my headphones stopped working. I assumed they were defective and perhaps they are. My on-board audio still worked fine. Then, two days ago I discovered that I had no audio at all. No audio devices, no sounds possible. I surfed a little and read that a...
  8. Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Reactivation After Changing Equipment: So I just installed a new cpu, motherboard and ram into my windows pc. After a couple hours I noticed a watermark asking me to activate windows, so I went to settings clicked troubleshoot, recently changed hardware, then I selected my device and it just says we are unable to...
  9. Hardware Equipment for Imagining Recommendations

Hardware Equipment for Imagining Recommendations: Hello, I have been searching all around the internet for articles and ideas on how to build an ideal environment for building and maintaining Windows 10 images. To be clear, the focus of my questions are on the ideal equipment that I would need. So far, all of the articles...
  10. Windows 10 on Old Equipment

Windows 10 on Old Equipment: So I logged in to my insider account and downloaded Windows 10 (I think I downloaded the 10240, because I skipped entering the activation code. I entered it later but it won't activate for now. When I run the ver command it shows as 10240. I installed it on an HP small...