Windows 10: Windows Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshooter stuck in '' Checking for pending restart''

Discus and support Windows Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshooter stuck in '' Checking for pending restart'' in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer hasn't been able to update since July, it shows the error 0x80080005 and when I try to run the troubleshooter it stays in '' Checking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RitaFerreira09, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Windows Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshooter stuck in '' Checking for pending restart''

My computer hasn't been able to update since July, it shows the error 0x80080005 and when I try to run the troubleshooter it stays in '' Checking for pending restart'' endlessly. Please help.

:)

RitaFerreira09, Sep 2, 2020
  2. AoiKvatri Win User

Windows 10 Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshoot stuck at checking for pending restart

Hello! I've been having an issue with my Windows 10 Home. When I check for updates I get the 0x80080005 error. I've looked all over the internet for a fix, but nothing really worked. Troubleshooting leads to the troubleshoot getting stuck at "Checking for
    Pending Restart" and using Command Prompt does absolutely nothing. I also used TweakBit's PCRepair and Avast's Cleanup Premium and they both are claiming there is nothing wrong with my PC.

I discovered the issue when I tried installing Net Framework 3.5 and Windows Features got stuck at "downloading required files". I actually have to use Task Manager to turn off Windows Features at the point as "cancel" does nothing. So that doesn't work
    either and I feel as if these problems are connected.

I would be really grateful for any assistances with this matter. If there is any other info I should provide, let me know.

AoiKvatri, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Error at window update troubleshooting “check for pending restart” can’t update please help

Error at window update troubleshooting “check for pending restart” can’t update please help windows 10

Hagit Zeitoun, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Windows Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshooter stuck in '' Checking for pending restart''

Windows Update has been stuck checking for updates and the Troubleshooter is "Checking for pending restart" endlessly

Windows Update has been stuck checking for updates and the Troubleshooter is "Checking for pending restart" endlessly

Oleksiy_BU, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshooter stuck in '' Checking for pending restart''

1. Windows Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshooter stuck in '' Checking for pending restart'' - Similar Threads - Update error 0x80080005

2. Windows update error 0x80080005, troubleshooter error as well.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update error 0x80080005, troubleshooter error as well.: My PC has somehow not updated in 3.5 years, despite me definitely watching it update at night sometimes. The updater errors when I try it, and the troubleshooter also errors when I try it. Any ideas?I'm on Windows 10 version 1903, 64 bit OS x64-based processor. I tried the...
  3. Windows update error 0x80080005, troubleshooter error as well.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update error 0x80080005, troubleshooter error as well.: My PC has somehow not updated in 3.5 years, despite me definitely watching it update at night sometimes. The updater errors when I try it, and the troubleshooter also errors when I try it. Any ideas?I'm on Windows 10 version 1903, 64 bit OS x64-based processor. I tried the...
  4. Windows update error 0x80080005, troubleshooter error as well.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart: My windows update page is blank and wont load to i used the troubleshooter and its been on checking for pending restart for 20 minutes is there a fix to this?...
  6. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart: My windows update page is blank and wont load to i used the troubleshooter and its been on checking for pending restart for 20 minutes is there a fix to this?...
  7. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

8. Windows 10 Update Error Pending Restart after Troubleshooting not fix error 0x800f0984

Windows 10 Update Error Pending Restart after Troubleshooting not fix error 0x800f0984: I was trying to Update 2004 to 20H2 I got error Pending Restart and get error code 0x800f0984 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error-pending-restart-after/2137f7d6-b0d8-4b24-9551-7b0b615977bd
  9. Windows 10 Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshoot stuck at checking for pending restart

Windows 10 Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshoot stuck at checking for pending restart: Hello! I've been having an issue with my Windows 10 Home. When I check for updates I get the 0x80080005 error. I've looked all over the internet for a fix, but nothing really worked. Troubleshooting leads to the troubleshoot getting stuck at "Checking for Pending Restart"...
  10. windows update showing error code 0x80080005 when i check

windows update showing error code 0x80080005 when i check: Whenever i check for updates, i get the error code 0x80080005. I tries to look up for possible solutions to this problem and i have already tried clearing update data, running the trouble shooter, uninstalling third party antivirus and stopping the update processes and...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck on checking for pending restart

2. windows 10 update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart