Windows 10: Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it

Discus and support Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am getting error 0x80245006 with Windows Update. Last successful update was in March. I tried: a. Windows Update troubleshooter - no issues found b.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ProtopiaUK, May 22, 2022.

1. Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it

I am getting error 0x80245006 with Windows Update. Last successful update was in March. I tried: a. Windows Update troubleshooter - no issues found b. SFC /scannow and DISM /restorehealth - both were clean c. Reset Windows Update removed softwaredistribution and catroot2 directories - various scripts from t'internet. d. Windows upgrade in place from 2021H1 to 2021H2 - twice I have tried literally everything I can find on t'internet, and nothing has fixed it. Does anyone have any new ideas?Please do not post boilerplate answers.

:)

ProtopiaUK, May 22, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 22, 2022
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, May 22, 2022
  4. Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it

Windows Update Error 0x80245006, Clean boot issues (Virus?)

Today I wanted to give my old Windows 10 laptop new updates (it wasn't updated for over half a year). I instantly got the 0x80245006 error code.

Then I found the following answer: Windows Update Error 0x80245006

The main answer didn't help, but in the replies I found a Clean Boot suggestion. After I did everything from the article, I restarted, disabled Kaspersky and tried to update. I was told that it isn't able to connect to the Update Service and suggested to check
    my internet connection. I started Waterfox and it told me that it wasn't able to connect to the proxy. I definitely never set up a proxy! After removing it from Waterfox settings, sites began to load. Now I'm guessing that some virus put proxy settings all
    over my PC and I disabled something from Autostart that was handling them. Where could proxies be set up in the system and what do I do next?

derkampfusbeke, May 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it

1. Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it - Similar Threads - Update error 0x80245006

2. Windows Update Error 0x80245006

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Error 0x80245006: I am using a MITM Proxy in my PC. When I try to update Windows it throws an error that "There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80245006"....
  3. Windows Update Error 0x80245006

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Error 0x80245006: I am using a MITM Proxy in my PC. When I try to update Windows it throws an error that "There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80245006"....
  4. Repeating a recent question in regards to a persistent BSOD. Previous advice fixed it for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeating a recent question in regards to a persistent BSOD. Previous advice fixed it for a...: Dont know if I've loaded the minidump files correctly but the links at the bottom of the page are the most current minidumps to my knowledge.BSOD 1Caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exeCrash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+428700BSOD 2Address: ntoskrnl.exeAddress in Stack:...
  5. Repeating a recent question in regards to a persistent BSOD. Previous advice fixed it for a...

Repeating a recent question in regards to a persistent BSOD. Previous advice fixed it for a...: Dont know if I've loaded the minidump files correctly but the links at the bottom of the page are the most current minidumps to my knowledge.BSOD 1Caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exeCrash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+428700BSOD 2Address: ntoskrnl.exeAddress in Stack:...
  6. Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it: I am getting error 0x80245006 with Windows Update. Last successful update was in March. I tried: a. Windows Update troubleshooter - no issues found b. SFC /scannow and DISM /restorehealth - both were clean c. Reset Windows Update removed softwaredistribution and catroot2...
  7. Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it

Windows Update error 0x80245006 - all previous advice tried and doesn't fix it: I am getting error 0x80245006 with Windows Update. Last successful update was in March. I tried: a. Windows Update troubleshooter - no issues found b. SFC /scannow and DISM /restorehealth - both were clean c. Reset Windows Update removed softwaredistribution and catroot2...
  8. Fix Windows Update Error 0x80245006

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Update Error 0x80245006: [ATTACH]Windows Updates are an important part of your computer’s protection and maintenance. It checks for new updates from Microsoft and installs them on your computer. However, sometimes problems can occur that cause Windows Update to fail. One such Error 0x80245006 has...
  9. Error 0x80245006 when manually checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0x80245006 when manually checking for updates: I'm on 20H2. Windows Update works mostly fine for me--automated update checks occur, and the last round of monthly updates came in without issue. When I launch WU, I see "You're up to date." But whenever I manually check for updates, I get: Error encountered There were some...
  10. File Explorer Not responding - have tried ALL the fixes previously listed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not responding - have tried ALL the fixes previously listed: I am concerned about the number of posts with the same problem, so I am assuming it is not something we have done, but is an issue with Microsoft? I have been through ALL the previous posts and responses and fixes. Done all of them. NOTHING has worked. I can OPEN File...