Windows 10: Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework

Discus and support Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you see Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC when you try to update .NET Framework then this post will help you. Some users have reported experiencing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 23, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework

If you see Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC when you try to update .NET Framework then this post will help you. Some users have reported experiencing error codes 66A and 13EC while installing .NET Framework. The computer slows down, crashes, or shows a prompt with 66A or 13EC error code. A few users have experienced these errors during system boot or during shut down. The reason for these errors varies for individuals. It may be caused due to incomplete Windows updates, corrupt Registry, faulty system files, etc.

Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework Error-66A-or-13EC.png

To fix Windows Update Error 66A & 13EC for .NET Framework, use the below methods:

1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
    2. Repair .NET Framework Client Profile
    3. Uninstall, Reinstall .NET Framework
    4. Perform DISM scan
    5. Run Windows Update in Clean Boot State
    6. Perform System Restore

Let’s discuss these methods in detail.

1] Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework FIX-Windows-Update-Error-66A-or-13EC-for-dot-NET-Framework-500x480.png

The first thing you can try to fix Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework is to perform Windows Update troubleshooting. It will find and troubleshoot errors with Windows updates. You can follow the below steps to do so:

• Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I hotkey.
    • Click on the Update & Security category and then go to the Troubleshoot tab.
    • Now, click on the Additional troubleshooters option and then tap on the Windows update > Run the troubleshooter option.

Reboot your computer after troubleshooting is done and check if you still get Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework.

2] Repair .NET Framework Client Profile to its original state

A corrupted .NET Framework client profile can cause Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC. So, try repairing the .NET Framework Client Profile by performing the below steps:

• Firstly, open the Control Panel by typing in the search box.
    • Then, go to Programs & Features section, look for Microsoft.Net Framework Client Profile, and right-click on it.
    • You will get Uninstall/Change option in the context menu; simply click on it.
    • Next, tap on the Repair option provided by it.

Windows will repair the .NET Framework Client Profile to its original state in some minutes. When it is done, simply restart the computer and check if you still get error 66A or 13EC.

You could also use the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.

3] Uninstall, Reinstall .NET Framework

You can try fixing error code 66A or 13EC by first uninstalling and then reinstalling the .NET framework. To uninstall it, you can go to Control Panel > Programs & Features and locate the .NET framework there. Select it and then tap on Uninstall button to remove it from your PC. After that, restart your PC.

Now, go to microsoft.com and download the required .NET Framework setup file. It is recommended to download the latest version of the .NET framework.

Run the executable file by double-clicking it and then follow onscreen instructions to install it on your PC.

This method should fix Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework.

4] Perform DISM scan

Running a DISM scan can help repair a potentially corrupted system image. Run it and see if it helps.

Windows will take a few minutes to complete the DISM scan. And when done, you need to restart your PC and check if you still get the same error.

5] Run Windows Update in Clean Boot State

Running a clean boot can also help you get rid of issues caused due to 3rd-party apps. Once in this state, you could run Windows Update and see if this resolves the problem.

Fix: Microsoft Store error 0x80073CFE.

6] Perform System Restore

You can fix these errors by performing a system restore to the time when you didn’t encounter these errors. Run system restore and after the PC restarts, check for updates and see if the error is fixed.

Related read: How to fix Windows Update Error Code 643 when updating .NET Framework

Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework Error-66A-or-13EC.png
    This article Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 23, 2021

2. updates getting 13EC error installing net framework 4.7.2 kb4054530. How do I get it to install in Win 7 .

updates, getting 13ec error installing net framework 4.7.2 kb4054530. How do I get to install in Win 7.

AlanRozelle, May 23, 2021
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 23, 2021
  4. DRDNA Win User

.Net Framework Error

First run Windows updates...after there are no more important installs then try .net framework.*Toast :toast:

DRDNA, May 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Update Error 66A or 13EC for .NET Framework - Similar Threads - Update Error 66A

2. .NET Framework Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework Error: Hi there.I am having problems with .NET Framework. Everytime I run an app that uses .NET framework, it will display messages like this:This problem is major to me because some apps like Visual Studio and Discord will not work.I have tried the following: - Re-enable the .NET...
  3. .Net Framework Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Net Framework Error: Every time I wake my computer from sleep I get the following Microsoft .NET Framework error. I cannot figure what is causing this issue.See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text...
  4. .Net Framework Error

.Net Framework Error: Anyone how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-error/f0cdef5c-eabe-4703-8821-5c1d703b6c9d
  5. .net framework error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .net framework error: so i had replace my old ssd with a new one but then switched back to the old one but when i tried to launch certain programs such as surfshark, hp update it just tells me to download a .net framework version but when i try to download it, it then tells me that a newer version...
  6. .NET Framework Error

.NET Framework Error: Hello Everyone. I have an HP Laptop with 8GB RAM 2.1 GB System Reserved and a Ryzen 5 3550H APU and GTX 1650 GPU. Whenever I boot into the windows, it gives me this .NET Client Error which I'd be stating below. Anyone's help or insight on this would be highly appreciated....
  7. .NET Framework 3.5 update error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Framework 3.5 update error: I have this failure over and over again when trying to install the .NET framework 3.5. I looked up for this error but there isnt a correct code I appriciate any help from anyone. Thank you guys so much[ATTACH]...
  8. .NET framework errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET framework errors: I tried downloading GOG Galaxy 2.0 and it said that I needed the .NET framework to install it. When I try to install that latest version of the framework it says I already have it installed. A similar thing happened with Discord when I tried to reinstall it (although it won't...
  9. .NET Framework error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .NET Framework error: I have a new HP with Windows 10 which is also up to date. I am trying to install Printshop 23.0 Deluxe and I keep getting the .NET Framework error. I have been emailing with their support but it is not helping much. Suggestions??...
  10. NET Framework error

NET Framework error: NET Framework will not enable CAS by default, I need to know how to do it please to run a DLL file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-error/4fdc6e61-481e-4ef3-bc46-867e29b966ff