Windows 10: Windows Update error (also: Media Creation issue, audio driver)

Discus and support Windows Update error (also: Media Creation issue, audio driver) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello forum, As to avoid creating three threads, I'm describing three problems I'm experiencing with my Windows 10 (1909) system. Please consider I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Boltzmann Brain, May 29, 2020.

1. Windows Update error (also: Media Creation issue, audio driver)

Hello forum,

As to avoid creating three threads, I'm describing three problems I'm experiencing with my Windows 10 (1909) system. Please consider I have searched through the web on solutions to these issues and had posted them to reddit and Answers.

1. Headset Microphone stopped working. HyperX orients it might be solved by downloading the latest Realtek audio driver (which can only be found in unofficial repositories). I have tried installing freshest and older versions, with DDU cleaning, to no avail. Then I tried to update via Windows Update...
    2. ... to discover my WU returns error 0x80080005. Last update check was made April 2nd and I cannot check for the new updates (including the new build).
    3. Then I resorted to running the Repair option. Since the system files might be corrupted, a Windows Repair, keeping files and apps, is the most favorable for me, in this case. However, running either the Media Creation Tool, either the .ISO's setup.exe, causes crash to blue screen stop on normal mode, albeit it can be run in Safe Mode. I also noted, Win Defender is missing, another reason I tried to repair install. The SoftwareDistribution work around does not work, apparently, in solving WU's issue.

Any suggestions on what to do? Sfc scannow doesn't accuse corruption. I'm willing to try new suggestions before a clean install (which is not optimal right now). Help is appreciated.

:)

Boltzmann Brain, May 29, 2020

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, May 29, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows Update error (also: Media Creation issue, audio driver)

Windows 10 audio driver issue

Hi Hani,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform playing audio Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2: Updating the Audio drivers.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

3. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

4. Restart the computer and check.

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update error (also: Media Creation issue, audio driver)

1. Windows Update error (also: Media Creation issue, audio driver) - Similar Threads - Update error Media

2. Windows Media Creation Tool Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Creation Tool Error: Hello!I have encountered an error with the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. Whenever I try to start it up now it spits an error after approx. 30 secs. the error code is 0x800705B4 - 0x20000This was for a clean install of Windows 10 for a machine of mine.The program was used on...
  3. Windows Media Creation Tool Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Creation Tool Error: Hello!I have encountered an error with the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. Whenever I try to start it up now it spits an error after approx. 30 secs. the error code is 0x800705B4 - 0x20000This was for a clean install of Windows 10 for a machine of mine.The program was used on...
  4. Windows Update error (also: Media Creation issue, audio driver)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update error (also: Media Creation issue, audio driver): Hello forum, As to avoid creating three threads, I'm describing three problems I'm experiencing with my Windows 10 (1909) system. Please consider I have searched through the web on solutions to these issues and had posted them to reddit and Answers. 1. Headset Microphone...
  5. Media Creation Tool / Update error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool / Update error: I really dont know how I came up with this strange problem in my laptop which is Windows update error. Basically When I restart my pc it stucks at getting things ready for hours everytime. I tried all the way, all that I was suggested to do. But nothing really helps. I...
  6. Issues with windows 10 update & media creation tool

Issues with windows 10 update & media creation tool: I'm trying to update my windows 10 for a game, When I get into the windows update folder and click search for updates it shows me I need to update but not a button to click for an update. I tried using media creation tool but it crashed my pc every time I opened the folder....
  7. Windows Creation Media install error

Windows Creation Media install error: Hello, I've found several forum posts regarding this problem and I haven't seen any solution to this. I have a clean HDD that I just bought since my last HDD got corrupted. Tried to clean install Windows 10 using Windows Creation Media, right after I boot using USB, I...
  8. Media Creation Tool Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Creation Tool Issues: I've been trying to use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to download an os for my new PC but it seems to force close after I answer the question about language and version. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?...
  9. Windows media creation tool error

Windows media creation tool error: Hello. Today i try to update my windows 7 home premium 32 bit to windows 10 from a creation tool but i have a error "dynamic update" PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-creation-tool-error/eaa0d374-1e5e-41d8-bba6-beedafe49b8c
  10. Does Media Creation Tool-USB also include WiFi drivers?

Does Media Creation Tool-USB also include WiFi drivers?: Laptop install: I am installing Windows 10x 64 using USB created by the latest media creation tool. All goes fine upto the point where it says 'Let's connect you to a network'. Nothing shows up, even not after a couple of minutes. The laptop is just 1m away from my modem and...