Windows 10: Windows Update Error Error encountered

Discus and support Windows Update Error Error encountered in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why on my windows update it says "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard_163, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Windows Update Error Error encountered

why on my windows update it says "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070424"

Help me! I spent 2 days getting it fixed but it still doesn't work

:)

Richard_163, Sep 19, 2020
  2. macbeth Win User

windows update Error number 0x80004005

When i try to update windows. This came up.

[Error number: 0x80004005]
    The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
    For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
    For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Thats what it said when i tried updating windows, anyone know why?

macbeth, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

I have had automatic updating set to update daily but recently it has alerted me that it has been turned off.

I open Windows Security Center and click Change Settings under Automatic Updating, it gives me two options, "Install Updates Automatically (recommended)" and "Let me choose".

First option clicked and it gives me an error window, "Security Center can't change your automatic updating settings." and gives the option to do it manually.

I open the window to manually change my settings, "Install updates automatically Every Day at 5:00 AM" is selected, I click OK yet Automatic Updating is still not on.

If I go to the Windows Update window and Check for Updates I receive an error stating:

Error(s) found: Code 8007042 Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

Basically my automatic updates are being disabled *Bang Head :banghead:, any way to fix this? Thank you.

DistantDeath, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Cronic Win User

Windows Update Error Error encountered

Virus/Windows error

Ive been in safemode, still get the error but it doesn't restart. I'm not getting a bsod, its a pop up about 5 minutes after logging in that says windows encounted an error and needs to restart, and I was unable to stop the shutdown with cmd prompt

Cronic, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Error Error encountered

1. Windows Update Error Error encountered - Similar Threads - Update Error Error

2. windows update error encountered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update error encountered: how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-encountered/e1d757f6-3fe8-4354-8c2d-c74b45a00cda
  3. WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR ENCOUNTERED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS UPDATE ERROR ENCOUNTERED: how to fix the update issueWINDOWS UPD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-error-encountered/a0a02b36-4102-4b2a-bd56-be3f896493c9
  4. Error encountered in update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error encountered in update: My Windows 10 HP laptop encountered error when trying to update 0x80080005. I run troubleshooter says it fixed something and I need to restart the computer to ensure everything is okay. I restart and install the updates again but getting the exact result....
  5. Error encountered in update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error encountered in update: My Windows 10 HP laptop encountered error when trying to update 0x80080005. I run troubleshooter says it fixed something and I need to restart the computer to ensure everything is okay. I restart and install the updates again but getting the exact result....
  6. Error encountered in update

7. Windows Update: Error Encountered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update: Error Encountered: This is the problem I am facing. It started after I reset the windows. I should mention that my laptop cannot identify any of the network it is connected to. Despite me being able to use the internet, it shows in the settings that the system is not connected to any network....
  8. Windows update; Error encountered

Windows update; Error encountered: Windows update; error encountered There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80245006) Never a boring day with Windows 10... SFC is clear...
  9. Windows Update Encountered an Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Encountered an Error: Windows Update encountered some problem when installing updates, error 0x80071160, not surprising but why didnt the correction work for? The first thing I did was run Deployment Image Servicing Management Tool (DISM) RestoreHealth option; the operation completed...
  10. Windows Update - Error Encountered

Windows Update - Error Encountered: Trying to run Windows update and I got the following error message - [ATTACH] I've run - Windows Update Troubleshooter ; - reset my modem; and, - done a network reset none of which resolved this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm running Windows 10...