Windows 10: Windows update error on Preview

Discus and support Windows update error on Preview in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x86-based Systems (KB4512941) -Error 0x800f081f Can anyone suggest any fixes. Googling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by banger, Sep 4, 2019.

1. banger Win User

Windows update error on Preview

2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x86-based Systems (KB4512941) -Error 0x800f081f

Can anyone suggest any fixes. Googling throws up a couple of programs but they dont look legit. This is on my old system with Pentium dual core.

:)

banger, Sep 4, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Sep 4, 2019
  3. DaMulta Win User
    Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Sep 4, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update error on Preview - Similar Threads - update error Preview

2. update errors of Windows 11 Insider Preview 22581.1 ni_release

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update errors of Windows 11 Insider Preview 22581.1 ni_release: I am having some difficulties with Windows11 installation, Windows update prompts me to have an update error and rollback, the error code is 8007042B.I also found some detailed error messages in setuperr.log:2022-03-25 20:25:16, Error CONX Appraiser:...
  3. update errors of Windows 11 Insider Preview 22581.1 ni_release

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update errors of Windows 11 Insider Preview 22581.1 ni_release: I am having some difficulties with Windows11 installation, Windows update prompts me to have an update error and rollback, the error code is 8007042B.I also found some detailed error messages in setuperr.log:2022-03-25 20:25:16, Error CONX Appraiser:...
  4. windows update previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update previews: How do I cancel windows 11 update previews? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-previews/06af6caf-6923-433d-9c04-bb83d104adce
  5. windows update previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update previews: How do I cancel windows 11 update previews? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-previews/06af6caf-6923-433d-9c04-bb83d104adce
  6. windows update previews

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Preview update

Windows Preview update: My version is 2004 build 20161.1000 I am getting warnings that it is "about to expire 2020-07-31" But Windows Update tells me I am up-to-date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-preview-update/de04c735-70fc-4a81-89bf-a62df2284fed
  8. Windows 10 Insider Preview, error installing Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10...

Windows 10 Insider Preview, error installing Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10...: I have 2 Windows 10 machines on insider preview. One is running fine, and recently installed Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB4568831. The other machine seems to install it, reboots, spins after reboot for quite some time with the...
  9. Windows Preview Pane Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Preview Pane Error: I have a user on Windows 10 (64bit) Version 1903 OS Build 18362.476 and Office 365 (64bit) Version 1902 Build 11328.20492 She is unable to preview email messages in Windows Explorer. She gets the error "this file can't be previewed because of an error in the windows email...
  10. Windows update error on Preview

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update error on Preview: 2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x86-based Systems (KB4512941) -Error 0x800f081f Can anyone suggest any fixes. Googling throws up a couple of programs but they dont look legit. This is on my old system with Pentium dual core. 139907