Windows 10: Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service."

Discus and support Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows update is showing the following error message: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KennithShepherd, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service."

Windows update is showing the following error message: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

My internet connection is active (since I am posting this question from the same computer where the error occurred).

I already tried the windows update troubleshooter (as administrator) several times. It checks for a pending restart, then spends a long time trying to initialize the diagnostic and then the window disappears without an error message.

I am running Windows 10 version 1803 (64-bit) on a 64-bit Intel processor.

How can I fix my computer to run Windows update?

:)

KennithShepherd, Oct 25, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 11, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 11, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service."

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service." :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service."

1. Windows update error "We couldn't connect to the update service." - Similar Threads - update error couldn't

2. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service: Hi, I get this message and I have tried all that I know to do. Can someone help. me?We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet....
  3. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service: Hi, I get this message and I have tried all that I know to do. Can someone help. me?We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet....
  4. Windows Update We couldn't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.

Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.: Hello, I can't update my computer, and it pops up with this message when I try to update it. It shows this message We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.I'm...
  6. Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update not working-We couldn't connect to the update service.: Hello, I can't update my computer, and it pops up with this message when I try to update it. It shows this message We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.I'm...
  7. "We couldn't connect to the update service..."

"We couldn't connect to the update service...": I realize that this has been posted many many times before. Posting it again because I have read every single one of those posts and tried every suggestion. at least 2 dozen of them anyway My HP Z book Windows 10 professional hasn't updated since January 19th. If I...
  8. update: "We couldn't connect to the update service"

update: "We couldn't connect to the update service": I've been unsuccessfully running Windows Update, and continue to get the error message, "We couldn't connect to the update service." I am online with a fast internet connection....
  9. Windows Update responds with "We couldn't connect to the update service..."

Windows Update responds with "We couldn't connect to the update service...": Hi, I was having some issues with my computer and was recommended here to get the latest MediaCreation tool and choose to upgrade now while keeping apps and files in place. I tried it but after the upgrade I wasn't able to connect to Windows Update. So I again used the...
  10. Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service"

Update Service "we couldn't connect to the update service": Hi, I need help with the above error. System spec is OptiPlex 760 (32 bit X64) running windows 10 Pro version 1809. OS build 17763.292. I was happily running the above build up till the end of January with no issues. Updates were being loaded automatically and apps were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. We couldnt connect to the update service

2. windows update error couldnt connect to update service

3. we couldnt connect to the update service.

4. Windows Update error: We couldn’t connect to the update service,
  5. we couldnt connect to the update service. error enouter,
  6. windows update error we couldnt connect to the update service,
  7. we couldnt connect to the update service error,
  8. error chode couldnt confect to internet windows update,
  9. windows update error we couldnt connect to the service,
  10. Windows Update We couldnt connect to the update service. Well try again later or you can check now. If it still doesnt work make sure youre connected to the Internet.,
  11. windows update error. couldnt connect to update service,
  12. windows update error couldnt connect to update center,
  13. offline windows 10 build 1809 we couldnt connect to the update services eror,
  14. couldnt connect to the update service win 10,
  15. we couldnt connect to the update service step