Windows 10: Windows Update eternally failing. No prompt as to why, only that it fails.

Discus and support Windows Update eternally failing. No prompt as to why, only that it fails. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, for the past several days my PC has been stuck on an eternal loop of "prompt updates available --> download updates --> install updates -->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RengaRammus, May 6, 2020.

1. Windows Update eternally failing. No prompt as to why, only that it fails.

Hello, for the past several days my PC has been stuck on an eternal loop of "prompt updates available --> download updates --> install updates --> prompt restart --> I click restart --> it restarts --> update installation stuck at 10% --> fails and continues on to restart --> on startup says update failed, undoing changes --> prompt updates available". Some posts and threads I have seen have said to just reinstall windows but I am afraid of losing my work data and there's a lot to backup. I hope that there is at least some other methods I could try first to fix this before I have to go on to that or any other extreme option.

:)

RengaRammus, May 6, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 6, 2020
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Windows Update eternally failing. No prompt as to why, only that it fails.

Windows update failing

You could try the Windows Update troubleshooter. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/open-the-windows-update-troubleshooter

If that doesn't work then do this:

FX-GMC, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update eternally failing. No prompt as to why, only that it fails.

1. Windows Update eternally failing. No prompt as to why, only that it fails. - Similar Threads - Update eternally failing

2. Why is my window 11 updated failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my window 11 updated failed: Error code might help: 0xd0000034Please help to verify above error code issue, its show when I trying to update my PC to window 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-window-11-updated-failed/2a5be778-a067-4eb1-bbcb-693e44f02581
  3. Why is my window 11 updated failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my window 11 updated failed: Error code might help: 0xd0000034Please help to verify above error code issue, its show when I trying to update my PC to window 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-window-11-updated-failed/2a5be778-a067-4eb1-bbcb-693e44f02581
  4. Update is eternity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update is eternity: I run update and still running forever. Im on the stage where the update is installing and its forever its been 3 hours now. I know I dont need to interrupt it but I need to work as well. I need this computer and I dont know how to do that....
  5. Update is eternity

Update is eternity: I run update and still running forever. Im on the stage where the update is installing and its forever its been 3 hours now. I know I dont need to interrupt it but I need to work as well. I need this computer and I dont know how to do that....
  6. Why Security Updates fails to install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Security Updates fails to install?: Hi I have a pretty new HP Laptop with Windows 10 and I use it for study purposes. I am having an issue from the past month. Security updates show up in settings but the fail to install with error 0x80070643. Other updates are successfully installing also in windows security...
  7. Why Security Updates fails to install?

Why Security Updates fails to install?: Hi I have a pretty new HP Laptop with Windows 10 and I use it for study purposes. I am having an issue from the past month. Security updates show up in settings but the fail to install with error 0x80070643. Other updates are successfully installing also in windows security...
  8. Windows update fails: Appstore Fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update fails: Appstore Fails: So i can connect to internet over realtek WAN card using ethernet to a BT router.Cannt use appstore or windows update. BITS/Crytogtaphy and update service runningSo far:Have reset Windows 10 to 21H1Have done SFC scanDSIM repairChkdskHave used trioubleshoot guide for BITSHave...
  9. windows update fails, DISM fails SFC fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update fails, DISM fails SFC fails: Initially windows update failed to update. I ran SFC and it failed saying some files were corrupted and the CBS log had a message that it was unable to update fhengine.dll. DISM online gave the below. Any help ? Clean virus scan. Thanks C:\Windows\system32>DISM.exe...
  10. Windows 10 update fails to prompt before executing, rebooting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update fails to prompt before executing, rebooting: I'd left my computer for about 10 minutes when taking a quick break before a meeting. When I returned, Windows had completely shut down. When I restarted it, I was greeted with a progress indicator on a system update being applied. Meanwhile, I had another 10 minutes until...