Windows 10: Windows update exclamation symbol always shows

Discus and support Windows update exclamation symbol always shows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I open the windows settings app and view over the update page, it shows the attention symbol to show that updates are waiting... when there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kevin2222000, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Windows update exclamation symbol always shows

Every time I open the windows settings app and view over the update page, it shows the attention symbol to show that updates are waiting... when there almost always isn’t idk if its a little bug but i was wondering if anyone else had this issue. It seems to show as a green check mark after I leave the update page.

submitted by /u/Kevin2222000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kevin2222000, Sep 24, 2020
  2. PiKo Win User

Firefox does not show a particular link symbol

After the recent update of Firefox, something has changed.
    Accessing my router, a particular window shows a symbol/pictue, which link directs to another window in the router.
    After the recent Firefox update, that symbol/picture changed into three dots, hardly visible. They still direct to the appropriate window.

Using Firefox in my tablet (Android) the original link symbol is still shown.
    Any suggestion? Some bug in the update?

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update exclamation symbol always shows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Windows update exclamation symbol always shows

Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows update exclamation symbol always shows

1. Windows update exclamation symbol always shows - Similar Threads - update exclamation symbol

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER DEVICE SECURITY SHOWING YELLOW EXCLAMATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS DEFENDER DEVICE SECURITY SHOWING YELLOW EXCLAMATION: DEVICE SECURITY IT SHOWING YELLOW EXCLAMATION WHEN TRYING TO OPEN IT IM GETTING THE MESSAGE " YOUR IT ADMISTRATOR HAS LIMITED ACCESS TO SOME AREAS OF THIS APP AND THE ITEM YOUR TRIED TO ACCESS IS NOT AVAILLABLE. CONTACT IT HELPDESK FOR MORE IMFORMATION...
  3. WINDOWS DEFENDER DEVICE SECURITY SHOWING YELLOW EXCLAMATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS DEFENDER DEVICE SECURITY SHOWING YELLOW EXCLAMATION: DEVICE SECURITY IT SHOWING YELLOW EXCLAMATION WHEN TRYING TO OPEN IT IM GETTING THE MESSAGE " YOUR IT ADMISTRATOR HAS LIMITED ACCESS TO SOME AREAS OF THIS APP AND THE ITEM YOUR TRIED TO ACCESS IS NOT AVAILLABLE. CONTACT IT HELPDESK FOR MORE IMFORMATION...
  4. wifi symbol not showing on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi symbol not showing on windows 11: Hello, Wifi symbol is not showing in my pc I don't know what happened either and i can't even connect to wifi and all. This is a huge problem i ever faced until now so kindly please help with the question i raised here and i am waiting for the solution...
  5. wifi symbol not showing on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi symbol not showing on windows 11: Hello, Wifi symbol is not showing in my pc I don't know what happened either and i can't even connect to wifi and all. This is a huge problem i ever faced until now so kindly please help with the question i raised here and i am waiting for the solution...
  6. Windows security has exclamation symbol

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security has exclamation symbol: Hello, I noticted that these days Windows security in tray has exclamation symbol on and when I hover mouse on it, it says - "Windows security - actions recommended". However when I double click on it and open Windows security I see that everything is okay and everything has...
  7. my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.: kindly need a help for this problem am running on replacement time of a new laptop lenovo thinkpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menu-icons-are-not-updating-it-always/c8ea452b-d144-480b-abdc-4dfda2640d24
  8. These updates always show in Windows Update but won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    These updates always show in Windows Update but won't install: [ATTACH] These kind of updates is important? Why can't I install? I tried download these pack but it shows can't install What should I do?...
  9. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Battery symbol on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Battery symbol on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It’s not that uncommon when you see a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark over the battery symbol residing in the System Tray of Windows 10. However, noticing it immediately after a purchase can leave you worried. That said, it [...] This post Yellow...
  10. Windows Defender Security Center shows exclamation point

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Center shows exclamation point: Hello, My Windows 10 Pro shows an exclamation point on the Windows Defender Security Center. Though, when I open it everything is tick marked and seems to be working fine. https://i.imgur.com/8AT2iRb.png Requesting support. 114749