Windows 10: Windows update exclamation symbol always shows

Discus and support Windows update exclamation symbol always shows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I open the windows settings app and view over the update page, it shows the attention symbol to show that updates are waiting... when there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kevin2222000, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Windows update exclamation symbol always shows

Every time I open the windows settings app and view over the update page, it shows the attention symbol to show that updates are waiting... when there almost always isn’t idk if its a little bug but i was wondering if anyone else had this issue. It seems to show as a green check mark after I leave the update page.

submitted by /u/Kevin2222000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kevin2222000, Sep 24, 2020
  2. PiKo Win User

Firefox does not show a particular link symbol

After the recent update of Firefox, something has changed.
    Accessing my router, a particular window shows a symbol/pictue, which link directs to another window in the router.
    After the recent Firefox update, that symbol/picture changed into three dots, hardly visible. They still direct to the appropriate window.

Using Firefox in my tablet (Android) the original link symbol is still shown.
    Any suggestion? Some bug in the update?

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update exclamation symbol always shows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Windows update exclamation symbol always shows

Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows update exclamation symbol always shows

1. Windows update exclamation symbol always shows - Similar Threads - update exclamation symbol

2. my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.: kindly need a help for this problem am running on replacement time of a new laptop lenovo thinkpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menu-icons-are-not-updating-it-always/c8ea452b-d144-480b-abdc-4dfda2640d24
  3. Computers showing weird symbols.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computers showing weird symbols.: Split from this thread. Not sure what uptdate happend, but my 2 computers start showing this weird symbols on the numbers and it does affect all the documents. As well my key "t, y and backspace" stop working dont sure if was as a part of the uptdate or just coincidental....
  4. These updates always show in Windows Update but won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    These updates always show in Windows Update but won't install: [ATTACH] These kind of updates is important? Why can't I install? I tried download these pack but it shows can't install What should I do?...
  5. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Battery symbol on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Battery symbol on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It’s not that uncommon when you see a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark over the battery symbol residing in the System Tray of Windows 10. However, noticing it immediately after a purchase can leave you worried. That said, it [...] This post Yellow...
  6. Windows 10 - LAN/Ethernet has Exclamatory symbol on the Icon always!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - LAN/Ethernet has Exclamatory symbol on the Icon always!!!: Hi, Its an office issued laptop which often shows Yellow Exclamatory icon on the LAN when connecting from the LAN Network. We have updated the device drivers but the issue remains the same. We have rebooted, flushed/released/renewed/reset IP addresses on the PC. It comes...
  7. Windows-10 System Notepad Letters are Showing "???????" symbols.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows-10 System Notepad Letters are Showing "???????" symbols.: Hi, Windows -10 PC Notepad Arabic Letters are showing "????" Symblos. How to open Original File. Please give me a solution. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-system-notepad-letters-are-showing/ac153e4c-3f89-4ef9-a07d-cc75e93da683
  8. Symbols are not displayed after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Symbols are not displayed after Windows update: I encountered this problem after the Windows update in October. The symbols like a star symbol are not displayed instead I see a square that usually appears when the symbol cannot be displayed...
  9. Windows Defender Security Center shows exclamation point

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Center shows exclamation point: Hello, My Windows 10 Pro shows an exclamation point on the Windows Defender Security Center. Though, when I open it everything is tick marked and seems to be working fine. https://i.imgur.com/8AT2iRb.png Requesting support. 114749
  10. Location symbol permanently showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Location symbol permanently showing: Since yesterday the location activity symbol has been permanently showing. I think it may possibly be a background app but I'm not sure. [img] (wasn't sure where to post this) 82077