Windows 10: Windows Update fail

Discus and support Windows Update fail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Does anyone get the following when trying to use Windows Update We couldn't get online to download your updates. We'll try again later, or you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Haplo, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Haplo Win User

Windows Update fail

Does anyone get the following when trying to use Windows Update

We couldn't get online to download your updates. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

have tried to search online, but no one lately has posted the same problem, this started 2 days after installment.

:)

Haplo, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Win 10 Upgrade fail - support fail - policy fail

removed because redundant

MrDennisWillis, Aug 2, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows Update fail

Did your upgrade of WIn10 activate??

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Haplo Win User
    Yes, everything is activated, all was fine until 2 days later, cannot get any windows update or download anything from store?

Haplo, Aug 2, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Are you logged into your Microsoft Account?

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
  7. coldy Win User
    Okay here's a quick solution for you haplo you will need to re-install windows 10 but first do this

Go into “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and delete everything in that folder.
    Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in “wuauclt.exe /updatenow”.
    Then hit Enter on keyboard this will open up windows update and will start downloading again .

when its all finish in downloading it will then prepare to be installed everything gets done automatically.
    after that is all done it will restart computer and you will have windows 10 running again. now right click on my computer
    and it will show that your windows 10 is activated.

I presume your upgrading from another windows version. I had seven fail attempts in getting it to download, but after I did
    the above instructions I got the full version downloaded and installed and activated as well..

with the store you have to use you email and password to get into store..

coldy, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Haplo Win User

Windows Update fail

Yes I am Logged into my Microsoft Account, and as for your tip Coldy, Thanks but nothing happened, looks like it might be a possible wipe and clean install.

thanks

Haplo, Aug 3, 2015
  9. wahabe Win User
    I had this same problem

Windows Update fail [​IMG]

wahabe, Aug 3, 2015
  10. Haplo Win User
    you state you HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM, were you able to solve it?

Haplo, Aug 3, 2015
  11. wahabe Win User
    Here are the number of attempts to repair

1 wipe clean a hard drive and install windows 10 Same problem
    2 wipe clean a hard drive and reset bios settings to factory default and install windows 10 Same problem
    3 install windows on another pc No problem

I think the problem install windows 10 in UEFI boot
    Tomorrow I Will Try Again
    install windows without uefi boot mode
    It will tell you if the problem is fixed

Windows Update fail [​IMG]

wahabe, Aug 4, 2015
  12. Haplo Win User
    Cheers

Haplo, Aug 4, 2015
  13. Akane Win User

Windows Update fail

I install windows in MBR partition ,Btw what is difference between MBR and UEFI partition ?

Akane, Aug 4, 2015
  14. kressqa Win User
    Disable firewall, cheers! *Smile

kressqa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update fail

1. Windows Update fail - Similar Threads - Update fail

2. Update Failed Install from Windows 11 21H2 to 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Failed Install from Windows 11 21H2 to 23H2: Good evening,I am having trouble with Microsoft HOME PC software update from Windows 11 21H2 OS Build 22000.2538 to 23H2. I have made numerous attempts 4x to fix this problem to no avail. Here are a list of options that I have tried:sfs /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  3. Update Failed Install from Windows 11 21H2 to 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Failed Install from Windows 11 21H2 to 23H2: Good evening,I am having trouble with Microsoft HOME PC software update from Windows 11 21H2 OS Build 22000.2538 to 23H2. I have made numerous attempts 4x to fix this problem to no avail. Here are a list of options that I have tried:sfs /scannowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  4. Failed Window update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed Window update: Since January 2024 following Security update is downloading but not getting installed2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 And then following message is coming since January:There were some problems installing updates, but we'll...
  5. Failed Window update

Failed Window update: Since January 2024 following Security update is downloading but not getting installed2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 And then following message is coming since January:There were some problems installing updates, but we'll...
  6. Failed Window update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 11 pro reactivation after firmware update fails and I'm being told too bad, buy a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro reactivation after firmware update fails and I'm being told too bad, buy a...: I have a MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk Wifi motherboard and found after flashing the BIOS to the latest update 7D91vHB that my copy of Windows 11 Pro will not re-activate. I've spent about 2.5 hours with Microsoft on the phone support trying to resolve the issue, and the net is that...
  8. Windows 11 pro reactivation after firmware update fails and I'm being told too bad, buy a...

Windows 11 pro reactivation after firmware update fails and I'm being told too bad, buy a...: I have a MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk Wifi motherboard and found after flashing the BIOS to the latest update 7D91vHB that my copy of Windows 11 Pro will not re-activate. I've spent about 2.5 hours with Microsoft on the phone support trying to resolve the issue, and the net is that...
  9. windows fail to update, and my usb ports, sd card ports, audio stopped working after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fail to update, and my usb ports, sd card ports, audio stopped working after restart: Hello,I have a problem with installing windows update KB5035893, and all of my other updates after that also failed to install. Error 0x800703f1It would keep redownloading the same update, try to install, and then fail each time. This process repeated itself many times.I...
  10. windows fail to update, and my usb ports, sd card ports, audio stopped working after restart

windows fail to update, and my usb ports, sd card ports, audio stopped working after restart: Hello,I have a problem with installing windows update KB5035893, and all of my other updates after that also failed to install. Error 0x800703f1It would keep redownloading the same update, try to install, and then fail each time. This process repeated itself many times.I...