Windows 10: Windows Update Failed and PC now takes 15 minutes to reboot used to take barely 1 minute

Discus and support Windows Update Failed and PC now takes 15 minutes to reboot used to take barely 1 minute in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having rebooting issues since my windows update started failing. The errors that I am getting: Updates failed Last checked:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vegas from Chicago, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Windows Update Failed and PC now takes 15 minutes to reboot used to take barely 1 minute

Hello,

I've been having rebooting issues since my windows update started failing.

The errors that I am getting:

Updates failed
    Last checked: Yesterday, 11:39 PM

• Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error 0x8000703ed
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 KB4486153 - Error 0x80092004

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have run into a wall on this issue and would greatly appreciate any guidance to help resolve the updating problem.

Thank you so much!

P.S. I'll post my WindowsUpdateLog I noticed that others were sharing their log as well Windows Update Failed and PC now takes 15 minutes to reboot used to take barely 1 minute 532e9039-a6dc-45e9-ab04-592284de6717?upload=true.png

:)

Vegas from Chicago, Mar 15, 2020
  2. -Askr- Win User

PC rebooting itself if not used for 15 minutes

Hi,

Thanks for replying, unfortunately resetting the power plan to default does not work as this resets the time to enter sleep mode to 30 minutes and my desktop is rebooting itself after 15 minutes, it was working fine until some (forced) Windows updates
    on the 28th of August (KB3081449, KB3081452, KB3081448). This happens whether I have applications running or not (unless the app has an override windows sleep mode setting). I did not have this problem before the 3 above mentioned updates and I did not have
    this problem when I was running Windows 8.1 on my desktop for ten months prior to upgrading to Windows 10. It will happily run all day if I am constantly using it and it also runs without issue under Linux so I know it is not hardware related.

I have all the latest drivers installed (just rechecked Dells support site) so I am currently stuck with having to enable sleep mode for 15 minutes which is not what I wish to do.

Thanks for your help.

-Askr-, Mar 15, 2020
  3. -Askr- Win User

Ok, I'm not actually talking to myself here but I have partially solved the issue by switching it to go into sleep mode after 15 minutes, however this is not something I usually have set so I would still like to know why it started rebooting after being
    idle since the last windows update.

-Askr-, Mar 15, 2020
  4. -Askr- Win User

Windows Update Failed and PC now takes 15 minutes to reboot used to take barely 1 minute

Hi,

I have only had Win10 on my main desktop for about a week and everything was working fine until it had some windows updates 3 days ago and now if I leave my PC idle for about 15 minutes it will just reboot itself. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing
    it or how I can prevent it ? Thanks in advance.

--------------------------

Win10 64bit

Intel i7

32 GB DDR3

256 GB SSD

3TB HDD

AMD R9 270 2 GB

-Askr-, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Failed and PC now takes 15 minutes to reboot used to take barely 1 minute

1. Windows Update Failed and PC now takes 15 minutes to reboot used to take barely 1 minute - Similar Threads - Update Failed takes

2. Windows takes 5-15 minutes to startup, reboots during process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows takes 5-15 minutes to startup, reboots during process: As the headine suggest. This began after installing a cheap KVM switch USB and HDMI which is no longer being used, but I believe may have damaged the motherboard. The machine sometimes boots normally, but more often stops midway through, the lighted keyboard and mouse may go...
  3. Windows takes 5-15 minutes to startup, reboots during process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows takes 5-15 minutes to startup, reboots during process: As the headine suggest. This began after installing a cheap KVM switch USB and HDMI which is no longer being used, but I believe may have damaged the motherboard. The machine sometimes boots normally, but more often stops midway through, the lighted keyboard and mouse may go...
  4. Win 10 login takes 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 login takes 15 minutes: My Windows 10 system takes approx 15 min to boot 2 min and logon 13 min. The time has been gradually increasing for sever months. During this time there is continuous disk activity, as shown by the front panel LED.I want to determine the causes of this delay, and fix the...
  5. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  6. Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting Windows on nvme takes 15 minutes, SOS: Hello, I'm new here, so please let me know if I do something wrong! I desperately need help to fix this issue with my desktop, if anybody can help me I'll be forever grateful. My OS (Windows 10 pro 1803 on Samsung evo 970 M2) used to boot in a matter of seconds (with win fast...
  7. welcome screen taking 15 minutes

welcome screen taking 15 minutes: when i startup my pc it takes 15 minutes to get past the login/welcome screen beacause its stuck on the welcome load thing i dont know if this is normal altho i have used 1.3 tb of my 2 tb hhd...
  8. Windows 10 takes 15 minutes to start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 takes 15 minutes to start: You will see this problem posted all over the web on various support forums MS or not. As with most windows problems, these are the solutions you will see run sfc/dism disable unnecessary background processes update drivers It is true that you do need to use sfc/dism...
  9. Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up

Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up: Hopefully someone can point me the right direction here, about a week ago Windows started taking a very long time to boot up, after powering on and off a few times during this boot, an option was presented to fix windows and lose all of my apps/programs I did this and Windows...
  10. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot: Hello everyone, I have a lenovo y50 laptop with some decent specs: (i7-4700HQ, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 860m, 1TB HDD + 8 GB SSHD [Potential Problem Cause]). The HDD is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB I never remember that my laptop had better boot times than 40 seconds. Every...