Windows 10: Windows update fails/ disk usage

Discus and support Windows update fails/ disk usage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [IMG]every time i try to update my computer it does this and i need to know if it is in any way going to affect my computer from working ok and how i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WagnorkZorknof, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Windows update fails/ disk usage

Windows update fails/ disk usage [​IMG]every time i try to update my computer it does this and i need to know if it is in any way going to affect my computer from working ok and how i can get these updates to install properly. Also the task manager where it shows disk usage is flashing red and says its at 100% and i think thats got something to do with how slow the computer is. Please help if abybody can tell me anything i can do to fix either problem

:)

WagnorkZorknof, Sep 15, 2018
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Sep 15, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows update fails/ disk usage

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows update fails/ disk usage

1. Windows update fails/ disk usage - Similar Threads - update fails disk

2. 100% Disk Usage after Windows Update Fail to Install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% Disk Usage after Windows Update Fail to Install.: My Laptop Configuration are as per below:Ram: 8 GbProcessor : Intel I5 8th gen Hard-drive : 2 TBMy windows 10 feature update is downloaded and install is stuck at 20% .When i see task manager it shows 100% disk usage , i perform disable sysmain service stop but it not resolve...
  3. 100% Disk Usage after Windows Update Fail to Install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% Disk Usage after Windows Update Fail to Install.: My Laptop Configuration are as per below:Ram: 8 GbProcessor : Intel I5 8th gen Hard-drive : 2 TBMy windows 10 feature update is downloaded and install is stuck at 20% .When i see task manager it shows 100% disk usage , i perform disable sysmain service stop but it not resolve...
  4. 100% Disk Usage after Windows Update Fail to Install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update spikes disk usage

Windows update spikes disk usage: Windows update spikes my disk usage to 100% and the disk usage remains between 60-100% every time I update my windows. Is this an issue or it's just normal?...
  6. Disk usage of Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk usage of Windows: Hello. My disk has a total space of 931 GB from which Windows uses 681 GB. How can I despre some of the space because I don't have any space left? Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-of-windows/2428ed67-1943-4191-98ad-da18587b3241
  7. Cumulative update constantly failing and constant 100% disk usage

Cumulative update constantly failing and constant 100% disk usage: These issues began yesterday 3/13/20. The update, "2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4551762" has failed every time I try to install it with the error code, "0x80071160". When this issue began my disk drive also went up to 100% with...
  8. failed update causing 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    failed update causing 100% disk usage: i found out that my laptop did an auto update without it being in the charger and ran out of battery, caused failed update and now its having a 100% disk usage when i open an anything causing program launches to be slow...
  9. Windows update disk usage

Windows update disk usage: Is there a way to set the windows update to a "lower priority" or something else that would enable a slower download, which could allow reduction of disk usage and lag? Whenever my computer downloads the update, it lags so badly that I can barely use it....
  10. Windows Update Disk Usage

Windows Update Disk Usage: Okay, I have a brand new HP Omen 15-AX250WM laptop.. I7 processor, 12gb ram, NVidia 1050TI graphics card, etc... Ever since I got it, I've been having issues with extreme lag at times when doing anything. I initially thought it was something that I downloaded or a...