Windows 10: Windows update fails for version of Office that no longer exists

Discus and support Windows update fails for version of Office that no longer exists in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; At one time, I had Windows 2013 on my desktop computer. At some point I upgraded to Office 2016 and uninstalled Office 2013. However, every day for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bertsisrkin, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Windows update fails for version of Office that no longer exists

At one time, I had Windows 2013 on my desktop computer. At some point I upgraded to Office 2016 and uninstalled Office 2013. However, every day for weeks now, Windows Update has tried (unsuccessfully) to install the following:

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2956151) 64-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Lync 2013 (KB2956174) 64-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2899522) 64-Bit Edition
    Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2881001) 64-Bit Edition
    Security Update for Microsoft Lync 2013 (KB2881013) 64-Bit Edition
    Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2850036) 64-Bit Edition

I don't know if other updates are being blocked because these can't be installed. Plus, there appears no way to tell Windows Update NOT to try to install these again, as previous versions of Windows had.

Any suggestions on how to stop Windows Update from trying to install these every day??

:)

bertsisrkin, Dec 17, 2015
  2. jco1961 Win User

How to de-select specific updates in Windows 10?

I uninstalled Office 2013, cleaned the Registry, then installed Office 2016 Pro. Windows 10 update wants to install an update for the Old Office 2013 that no longer exists. Obviously the update fails.

How can I stop Windows 10 from finding this update and trying to install it all the time?

jco1961, Dec 17, 2015
  3. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124263) - Failed to install

Anyone (microsoft?) found an answer to the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 failure yet? KB3140768. This update continues to try and install and then fails, then removes changes etc, taking up minutes of time everytime I boot. And now
    it appears to have started to interfere with Office 365 Activation. As my office programs are no longer activated and when I try to activate they fail.

GregJohnsonDsm, Dec 17, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Windows update fails for version of Office that no longer exists

JohnC, Dec 18, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Did you by chance have Office 2003 or earlier version on the computer? Have seen where installing the Compatibility Pack for Office 2000 through Office 2003 that allows using Office 2007 and later files doesn't get uninstalled which did kick in the newer updates. Also have seen it with one of the Viewers was installed when not having a particular application from the suite installed such as Visio Viewer, PowerPoint Viewer, etc.

Berton, Dec 18, 2015
  6. I've been pondering whether I should uninstall office 2016. I really don't like that you can't choose what drive to install it on and what components to install. I don't see any value in Office 2016 over 2013, so I may just uninstall 2016 and reinstall Office 2013. I just dread that I'll have to re-configure Outlook (I have a lot of email accounts!).

bertsisrkin, Dec 18, 2015
  7. The computer is only 2 years old, so I'm pretty sure the first version of Office was 2013.

bertsisrkin, Dec 18, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

I believe Outlook allows you to Export all your mail and settings...
    Accounts > export

Kyhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update fails for version of Office that no longer exists - Similar Threads - update fails version

2. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  3. Deleting Service that no longer exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Service that no longer exist: How do I delete a service that keeps having an error log in the event viewer? The folder from that directory no longer existed that is why it keeps having an error....
  4. Deleting Service that no longer exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Service that no longer exist: How do I delete a service that keeps having an error log in the event viewer? The folder from that directory no longer existed that is why it keeps having an error....
  5. Deleting Service that no longer exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Office Accounts no longer exist - no access to OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Office Accounts no longer exist - no access to OneDrive: My PC was hacked and within 4 seconds I had been logged out of my office accounts they had been taken over by **** Yes I have the full email address of the hacker that did this. I am so tempted to post it here. He left one last office login window open that contained his full...
  7. Windows 10 Office and Explorer no longer saving and failing on saves and use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Office and Explorer no longer saving and failing on saves and use: I have a windows 10 system, I invested in the OneDrive, and Office 365 and the system seems to be unstable. It worked for about 18 months, but now everything seems to be breaking down. 1. The File Explorer tool locks up. In all the history of using microsoft tools I...
  8. Microsoft outlook is trying to log into an office 365 that no longer exists

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft outlook is trying to log into an office 365 that no longer exists: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ninjakiller218 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt0ypa/microsoft_outlook_is_trying_to_log_into_an_office/
  9. Since upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809, Microsoft Office no longer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809, Microsoft Office no longer...: None of the Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc are opening after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update....
  10. Showing folders that no longer exist.

in Windows 10 Support
    Showing folders that no longer exist.: I deleted a handful of folders a couple days ago while under Win7x64, now i've upped to Win10 it's showing those folders under pictures. obviously i can't access folders that don't exist, which also means I can't delete them, because they don't exist......but they are still...