Windows 10: Windows update fails says I am not connected to internet, ran WU troubleshooter for network...

Discus and support Windows update fails says I am not connected to internet, ran WU troubleshooter for network... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows update fails says I am not connected to the internet, ran WU troubleshooter for network and WU, I am connected to the internet, MS store works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kjl1956, Sep 3, 2021.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Windows update fails says I am not connected to internet, ran WU troubleshooter for network...

Windows update fails says I am not connected to the internet, ran WU troubleshooter for network and WU, I am connected to the internet, MS store works fineToday 09022021 updated another pc yesterday and another one today on the same network, I ran a speed test 230mbps, can go online with chrome, firefox and other browsers with no issue.Ran sfc/scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth still same issueDevice name DESKTOP-C7MSO9M Processor AMD Phenomtm II X6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB Device ID A124B619-4B73-478F-9774-10818CEF7118 Product ID 00330-80000-00000

:)

kjl1956, Sep 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 3, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 3, 2021
  4. Windows update fails says I am not connected to internet, ran WU troubleshooter for network...

Network & Internet Status says Not Connected yet Ethernet is Connected!!

Hi,

If updating your PC was the only change made prior to the issue, then we suggest that you download the latest network adapter from the manufacturer's website. An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems.

Before doing so, let's first try to diagnose and fix common connection problems using the Network troubleshooter. To run the Network troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

If the troubleshooter can't identify the problem, proceed with updating the network adapter driver. If the issue persists, try to install the driver in compatibility mode. You may refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop-down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

Aileen Alf, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows update fails says I am not connected to internet, ran WU troubleshooter for network...

1. Windows update fails says I am not connected to internet, ran WU troubleshooter for network... - Similar Threads - update fails says

2. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-internet-functionality-but-network-settings/299b18e2-afba-4440-9a90-38a1055a3b83 This is a link from a thread in 2019 of a software issue that was left unresolved. I have the exact same problem and I have been...
  3. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-internet-functionality-but-network-settings/299b18e2-afba-4440-9a90-38a1055a3b83 This is a link from a thread in 2019 of a software issue that was left unresolved. I have the exact same problem and I have been...
  4. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected

in Windows 10 News
    Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected: [ATTACH]If after you upgrade or update your Windows 10 and you notice that the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) on the notification area/system tray on […] This article Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...

I am unable to connect to the internet. It says that you are connected to the internet but...: [IMG]My internet status is showing as connected but while i open a browser etc. it says you are internet access is blocked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-the-internet-it-says/8188299b-da64-47b2-b61d-f2e88c8bc5c1
  7. Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...: So this is an issue I've had for a few weeks now. Basically whenever I power up my computer and I check the network center it says that I'm connected to my wifi but there's no internet. The problem is that my browser is connecting to the internet and I can stream and watch...
  8. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...: For whatever reason the network settings app says that I am not connected to the internet, however I can use the internet just fine on my computer with programs such as google chrome and steam. I tried running the network troubleshooter but it says that nothing is wrong....
  9. Edge says I am not connected to the internet

Edge says I am not connected to the internet: Microsoft Edge thinks that I am not connected to the internet. But I am connected, when I change browser, everything ok... The problem occurs not only with Edge but also with some other Microsoft services like Cortana....
  10. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect: I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available. I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the...