Windows 10: Windows Update fails to install 20H2 0xc1900201 can't access system reserved partition

Discus and support Windows Update fails to install 20H2 0xc1900201 can't access system reserved partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I fix the System Reserved Partition so that 20h2 can install? error code 0xc1900201can't access the system reserved partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CurtisJones8, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Windows Update fails to install 20H2 0xc1900201 can't access system reserved partition

How do I fix the System Reserved Partition so that 20h2 can install? error code 0xc1900201can't access the system reserved partition

:)

CurtisJones8, Jun 11, 2021

2. We couldn't update the system reserved partition - Windows 10 1803 Updates won't install

The usual suggestion is to clean it out.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3086249/we-couldn-t-update-system-reserved-partition-error-installing-windows

Are you implying DISM is showing a message about bootmgr? What is the message exactly? You may need to use a different DISM syntax and point to a /source:

Otherwise it may be bogus. For a possibly related incident see

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/windows-10-update-kb3213986-fails-repeatedly-with/46d9b1af-71a6-4d39-acaf-c3882047ac12

What are the details for that?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Anthony Gal, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Alan B Win User

Windows Update fails to install 20H2 0xc1900201 can't access system reserved partition

"Windows 10 couldn't be installed - we could update the system reserved partition"

I think you mean "could not update", not "could".

Suggestions:

• Disconnect any other hard drives.
    • Run chkdsk /f on the System Reserved partition. You'll have to do this from the CMD prompt in Repair Mode.
    • Initially there were reports of some System Reserved partitions being too small for the upgrade. Search for details if the first two suggestions fail.

Alan B, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update fails to install 20H2 0xc1900201 can't access system reserved partition

1. Windows Update fails to install 20H2 0xc1900201 can't access system reserved partition - Similar Threads - Update fails install

2. Windows 10 21H1: We couldn’t update system reserved partition, error code 0xc1900201

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 21H1: We couldn’t update system reserved partition, error code 0xc1900201: When upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 I encounter the error “We couldn’t update system reserved partition”, error code 0xc1900201.I found a support article about this error message. But if I follow the instructions it is not possible to show the properties of my SRP System...
  3. Upgrade fails - We couldn't update the reserved partition. 0xc1900201. This PC can't run...

Upgrade fails - We couldn't update the reserved partition. 0xc1900201. This PC can't run...: Trying to upgrade my current Windows 10 install I'm told the PC Can't run Windows 10 - even though it already is. I've read what must be hundreds of threads on here. I've ensured partitions are all sized with plenty of space. I've tried DISM repairs. I've tried SFC....
  4. W7 to W10 upgrade fails – can't update the system reserved partition

W7 to W10 upgrade fails – can't update the system reserved partition: Apologies for the length of the post but I wanted to pre-empt requests for info. Dell E5450 laptop; Windows 7 SP1; Samsung 250 SSD W7 updates have all been applied other than the August monthly security update. I have cloned the SSD to another Samsung 250, in case the...
  5. Can't update Windows because of System Reserved Partition.

Can't update Windows because of System Reserved Partition.: Everytime I try to update my windows it says that I was unable to update system reserved partition. I even tried to manually update it and that didn't work....
  6. Can't update system reserved partition.

Can't update system reserved partition.: I cant update windows. Every time I try I get the cant update system reserved partition error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-system-reserved-partition/dfc732c2-5b49-43b0-afd9-62f6cbbd7aa8
  7. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...
  8. We can't update the system reserve partition

We can't update the system reserve partition: Every time I try to update and install windows 10 I get this error. It seems as if my reserve partition is too small to download windows 10. How would I go about fixing this issue. I have had a dual boot of linux in the past but got rid of it months ago. 14707
  9. Can't Update System Reserved Partition

Can't Update System Reserved Partition: Received this message whilst trying to upgrade my Acer Laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Home. [img] I've previously upgraded my Desktop from Windows 7 Pro SP1 256 GB SSD to Windows 10 Pro & subsequently performed a clean install with no...
  10. Installation Fail "We couldn't update The System Reserve Partition"

Installation Fail "We couldn't update The System Reserve Partition": This is the 2nd system (my wife's computer) we want to run Windows 10. Currently that system is running windows 7 Pro. The first system system went without a single hitch and it was running windows 7 Pro as well.. The download was complete so I was ready for the upgrade. I...