Windows 10: Windows update failure

Discus and support Windows update failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When trying to update the windows always the same error occurs 0x800f0922 And then again the same update appears... Anyone?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeonidasPapadakis, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Windows update failure

When trying to update the windows always the same error occurs

0x800f0922

And then again the same update appears...

Anyone?

:)

LeonidasPapadakis, Sep 22, 2020

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

No, the license only applies to the Windows 8 OEM copy the original owner purchased with laptop, it doesn't magically transform into Windows 8.1 Retail one.

OK, so here's the commonly recommended steps that should help you with your problem.

Before you begin, I would recommend you to download both of these files and save them on your USB drive in order to use it later as the only source of third-party packages:
    1. The first step would be to recover the original Windows installation using your hard drive partition (the thing that you've done before, I believe). Follow the steps described here (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03544793#N258) and see if you missed anything. By the end of this operation, make so that your HP product is not connected to any sort of network.

2. Configure your HP device to boot in "clean" mode as described here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135). Restart once.

3. Run the first file you've downloaded (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67259.exe) from your just-recovered Windows copy and follow the steps required.

4. Run the AMD package (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe). Choose the "Advanced" installation option in order to be able to opt-out the "AMD/Raprt App" and "HydraVision" packages.

5. Establish an Internet connection. Run "Windows Store" tile from your Start screen, and select "Windows 8.1" package.

6. Once you're done with your migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you can install all the critical updates offered by Windows Update, which would be driver software, then Windows 8.1 Update package (KB2919442 > KB2919355 > KB2932046 > KB2959977 > KB2937592 > KB2938439 > KB2934018), "August" Update (KB2993651 > KB2975719 > KB2993100 > KB2979582 > KB2990532 > KB2995004) and .NET Framework 4.5.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642).

Tenforo, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows update failure

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I can't thank you enough. I appreciate the time you and others have spent on this. Hmm so my license for 8 would not work for the 8.1 download that I was directed to? I would have wasted time with that? I am still on XP and Win7 machines at the moment and can't stand 8 so I don't mess with 8 machines very often and thus am ignorant to most of it.. At this time I am doing what my previous post has stated and I am going to see if that works. So far it is working which is a shock to me. If it doesn't work out I am going to try your suggestions. I am very thankful for the time you put in helping me. I will report back and let you all know how this turns out.

Tenforo, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows update failure

1. Windows update failure - Similar Threads - update failure

2. Multiple failures to install Windows 10 2004 May update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple failures to install Windows 10 2004 May update: Hi, I have been offered and tried to install the recent May and 20H2 updates multiple times. It downloads and begins the install process but always fails on a reboot at 48%. The error code I get is 0xc1900101-0x30018 sysprep.specialize I think it is a driver problem but it...
  3. Cumulative Update failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative Update failure: Hi! I haven't been able to install this update for the last 7-10 days. the image below shows the error i receive each time i try to update. I ran the troubleshooter, and yet the problem hasn't been resolved. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  4. Failure to update Windows 10 Ver. 1909 for x64 systems KB4574727

Failure to update Windows 10 Ver. 1909 for x64 systems KB4574727: My system is on auto update for Windows 10. The update has been attempted 9 times and failed each time. The update appears to install but when the computer reboots a message indicates the update has failed and all the new files are removed. How can I correct this matter...
  5. Windows update failure: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error 0x80070005

Windows update failure: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error 0x80070005: For a long time now, more than a year, Windows update has been failing to get the machine to version 1903. Here is what I have done: Antivirus and firewall are both via Windows Defender Windows Update Troubleshooter dsim stuff sfc stuff Tried media creation tool -...
  6. Stop Code: System Service Exception failure of Zoom after Microsoft Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code: System Service Exception failure of Zoom after Microsoft Update: Stop Code: System Service Exception What failed: SPUVCbv x64.sys Suggested I contact support. Any ideas? After loading Zoom it gives me a blue screen with this message....
  7. Updates failure and page error -Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in.

Updates failure and page error -Sorry, but we're having trouble signing you in.: After weeks of working with a patience helper from the community, My PC froze and crashed. I had to take it to a local shop and have windows 10 reinstalled and updated to 2004 several months ago after months and months of updates failures. It was scanned for viruses and...
  8. Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809

Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 version 1809. The updates have failed repeatedly. What is the downside to continuing to operate with version1809? It works great and I don't care about getting "new features."...
  9. Repeated Failure to Update, stuck on version 1809

Repeated Failure to Update, stuck on version 1809: Windows is repeatedly failing to update. It's becoming a very serious problem. I've used both the normal update process and Windows Update Assistant. I've run the troubleshooter for updates and it says it's resolved some issues but doesn't show me what they were. But if I...
  10. Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809

Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 version 1809. The updates have failed repeatedly. What is the downside to continuing to operate with version1809? It works great and I don't care about getting "new features."...