Windows 10: Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor

Discus and support Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The folders Windows update and OSupdate are missing in my registry editor, what can I do about it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neil_02, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Neil_02 Win User

Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor

The folders Windows update and OSupdate are missing in my registry editor, what can I do about it?

:)

Neil_02, Apr 17, 2022
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Apr 17, 2022
  3. No Security tab on folders and a missing group policy editor

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

As per the description, you want to enable Security tab on folders. I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    • Now go to following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoSecurityTab and set its value to
    0. It'll immediately add "Security" tab for all files and folders properties window. If it doesn't add the tab, you can log off, restart your system and check.

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 17, 2022
  4. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor :)

Frogger, Apr 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor - Similar Threads - update folder OSupdate

2. The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I had tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it didn't work.I wonder if importing the Windows update folder...
  3. The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I had tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it didn't work.I wonder if importing the Windows update folder...
  4. Windows update folder is missing in registry editor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update folder is missing in registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I wondered importing Windows update folder will fix it. Can you share me the folder!Thanks for your answer....
  5. Windows update folder is missing in registry editor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update folder is missing in registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I wondered importing Windows update folder will fix it. Can you share me the folder!Thanks for your answer....
  6. Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor: The folders Windows update and OSupdate are missing in my registry editor, what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-folder-and-osupdate-folder-are/17156db0-2d9e-401c-9974-fec336142934
  7. Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor: The folders Windows update and OSupdate are missing in my registry editor, what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-folder-and-osupdate-folder-are/17156db0-2d9e-401c-9974-fec336142934
  8. Missing Registry Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Registry Folder: The "Winlogon" folder is missing from my Registry. How do I replace, please. Can I copy from another machine? 151830
  9. Missing Registry Folder

Missing Registry Folder: The "Winlogon" folder is missing from my Registry. How do I replace, please. Can I copy from another machine? 151830
  10. Windows Update registry folder is missing in windows 10

Windows Update registry folder is missing in windows 10: Hi I was getting an error from windows update "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes " also getting error code, I searched on the internet found some solution but didn't work. Then I looked into registry the Windows update folder was missing and i have...