Windows 10: Windows update folder is missing in registry editor.

Discus and support Windows update folder is missing in registry editor. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HannFrVN, Nov 26, 2022.

1. HannFrVN Win User

Windows update folder is missing in registry editor.

Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I wondered importing Windows update folder will fix it. Can you share me the folder!Thanks for your answer.

:)

HannFrVN, Nov 26, 2022
  2. Neil_02 Win User

Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor

The folders Windows update and OSupdate are missing in my registry editor, what can I do about it?

Neil_02, Nov 26, 2022
  3. No Security tab on folders and a missing group policy editor

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

As per the description, you want to enable Security tab on folders. I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    • Now go to following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoSecurityTab and set its value to
    0. It'll immediately add "Security" tab for all files and folders properties window. If it doesn't add the tab, you can log off, restart your system and check.

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 26, 2022
  4. YanAndrew Win User

Registry Editor Missing from Administrative Tools in Start menu

The Registry Editor was never listed in Administrative Tools in the Start menu in the earlier versions of Windows 10 and previous versions of Windows. It is only in the recent couple of Windows 10 updates that it was included there. I guess I only have my itchy hands to blame for manually adding it before the updates came my way and therefore breaking it.

No worries, Guys. Thank you very much All for your inputs and suggestions. I appreciate it.

Have a good day wherever you are,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows update folder is missing in registry editor. - Similar Threads - update folder missing

2. Missing \CurrentVerison in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing \CurrentVerison in Registry Editor: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion is just not there, I'm new to Registry Editing so I might have to turn on something somewhere, I just haven't found it yet**Update**I found it in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Microsoft\ but according to an...
  3. Missing \CurrentVerison in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing \CurrentVerison in Registry Editor: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion is just not there, I'm new to Registry Editing so I might have to turn on something somewhere, I just haven't found it yet**Update**I found it in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Software\Microsoft\ but according to an...
  4. The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I had tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it didn't work.I wonder if importing the Windows update folder...
  5. The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.

The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I had tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it didn't work.I wonder if importing the Windows update folder...
  6. Windows update folder is missing in registry editor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update folder is missing in registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I wondered importing Windows update folder will fix it. Can you share me the folder!Thanks for your answer....
  7. Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor: The folders Windows update and OSupdate are missing in my registry editor, what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-folder-and-osupdate-folder-are/17156db0-2d9e-401c-9974-fec336142934
  8. Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor

Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor: The folders Windows update and OSupdate are missing in my registry editor, what can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-folder-and-osupdate-folder-are/17156db0-2d9e-401c-9974-fec336142934
  9. Windows update folder and OSupdate folder are missing in registry editor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Missing no close file in Registry editor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing no close file in Registry editor: Hello recently have run into the issue of not having any shutdown, restart or sleep options in my power button from the desktop. I followed the steps when going through the registry editor and found out that I am missing the no close REG_WORD file entirely. How do I fix this...