Windows 10: Windows Update Force install the old driver

Discus and support Windows Update Force install the old driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; well, first, i start with windows update in position auto update, then my driver vga auto update for amd, but, not update for newest driver but return... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AshariYoedhanto Setiawan, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Windows Update Force install the old driver

well, first, i start with windows update in position auto update, then my driver vga auto update for amd, but, not update for newest driver but return to install the old driver, from amd 18.7.1 back to 17.7, anyone can give me solution? sorry for my bad english.

:)

AshariYoedhanto Setiawan, Oct 25, 2018

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Oct 25, 2018
  4. mlee49 Win User

Windows Update Force install the old driver

Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Force install the old driver

1. Windows Update Force install the old driver - Similar Threads - Update Force install

2. Forced Display Driver Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Display Driver Update: [ATTACH] I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 (except the update in the image below). Windows Update is trying to install the Intel Corporation - Extension - 27.20.100.8280 driver, which is a display driver and I DO NOT want to install that. I have already...
  3. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?: I noticed that windows update keeps trying to install this driver "NVIDIA - Display - 26.21.14.3200 (2)" which seems to be dated around October 2019 or December 2019. Does anyone know why windows does this and how to stop it? I do actually have some vsync issues where vsync...
  4. Forced driver installation not working after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forced driver installation not working after 2004 update: I have two devices that need forced driver installation in order to work. By forced I mean going to device manager, right clicking the device, clicking update driver and then search in my computer and choosing the driver from list. I mean the list that contains drivers...
  5. How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?

How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?: I'm getting this install when trying to update Windows 10: https://i.imgur.com/Jm1SAz4.png How do I disable this? I have no Corsair hardware (though I did, if it matters, but nothing Corsair is currently connected to my computer), and Corsair's VBus driver has bricked my...
  6. Windows forcing old driver via update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows forcing old driver via update: Windows is forcing me to download old driver even if newer driver is installed. I have windows 10 home therefore cannot use registry editor. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-forcing-old-driver-via-update/923467f1-7acf-421e-aa4a-5216d54ab952
  7. Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers: Hi I recently upgraded from a AMD gpu to a Nvidia gpu. I used the AMD clean up utility tool to remove all AMD software before I installed my Nvidia drivers. The new gpu is working fine. However, Windows keeps trying to install old AMD drivers through the Windows Update...
  8. Install Old Printer Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install Old Printer Drivers: I have an old Canon MF3240 Multifunction Laser Printer. I have installed this printer on a Windows 10 Machine in the past. This is a USB connected installation. The most recent drivers for this printer were for Windows 8. The driver files are in a folder. There is no...
  9. Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298
  10. Why is Windows Update itrying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update itrying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to force an older windows update to install

2. error windows update old driver