Windows 10: Windows update forcefully changed my PC login password

Discus and support Windows update forcefully changed my PC login password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using the same password for 5 years, it's just to login to my pc. I normally put it to sleep and wake it, and never have an issue with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lochcelious, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Windows update forcefully changed my PC login password

I've been using the same password for 5 years, it's just to login to my pc. I normally put it to sleep and wake it, and never have an issue with putting in the password. That changed sometime today. I tried to login, but the password I had been using for the past 5 years did not work. Instead I had to enter the password associated with the email account on file. What the fuck? Why? WHY? Why would you FORCEFULLY change someone's shit? I'm starting to really dislike the direction Windows is going. How do I go back to using my old password WITHOUT changing the password associated with the email account (which I had to change just to login to my fucking pc)?

PLEASE HELP!

submitted by /u/Lochcelious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lochcelious, Oct 18, 2020

2. Changing password did not change Windows login password, only email password

I discovered my brother had found out my password for my Windows 10 PC. I went to change it in settings>Accounts>Sign in options>change password. doing this Changed my password for my Microsoft account, but did not change the Windows log in password, which
    is what I wanted to change.

my Microsoft account is tied to my Windows login account, I cannot find any other option to change the Windows login password, only the one I listed before.

Armouredfalcon, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows update forcefully changed my PC login password

PC login password on Windows 10

Hi,

The password is used for you to be able to login to a specific account. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried using your current password?

Meanwhile, you may not able to recover your local account if you forgot your password. We suggest that you follow the steps in this article: Reset
    your Windows 10 local account password
    to reset your computer. After you reset your computer, you may create a new local account by clicking on this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows update forcefully changed my PC login password

1. Windows update forcefully changed my PC login password - Similar Threads - update forcefully changed

2. my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login: i have been using a password for a very long time but my pc decided my password is to weak or somthing it is an 32 character password and that i need to use a pin only numbers how do get to use my password again?...
  3. my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login: i have been using a password for a very long time but my pc decided my password is to weak or somthing it is an 32 character password and that i need to use a pin only numbers how do get to use my password again?...
  4. my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Forced to change password!

Forced to change password!: Why is Microsoft making me change my password? I Googled this and read many annoyed and angry peoples' responses. Also, I tried to followed instructions from various Microsoft techs who tried to guide people in turning off this option. Yet, none of their instructions worked....
  6. Forced Password Change

Forced Password Change: I found through security monitoring software that my password was compromised on the dark web. I went into my Microsoft account and changed my password. This took quite an effort. Verification texts, etc. The next day, when I first logged in, the login prompted me to change...
  7. Whenever I try to change my PC login password it instead changes windows password, while PC...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Whenever I try to change my PC login password it instead changes windows password, while PC...: Way back in time I logged into my PC using my windows password. I changed my pc login password, so now my windows and pc login passwords are different. I now want to change my pc-login again, but whenever i go to "settings, accounts, login alternatives, password", and change...
  8. My **** password force changed

My **** password force changed: I cant access my computer anymore after force changed password. People may reply «reset by holding shift and restart pc and select reset computer» That doesnt work for me after i have done research. Help me i dont wanna lose my files and my windows liscense. Remove this...
  9. Forced out of no where to change my password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced out of no where to change my password: Here's the sequence of events: I noticed an external hard drive was not being recognized, so I unplugged it via USB and plugged it back in. My computer started shutting down. Admittedly, this plug is right next to the power button, so I just assumed I had hit it accidentally....
  10. Change PC Startup login password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change PC Startup login password: How does one change onscreen password to login with Win10 PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-pc-startup-login-password/cb330154-e7c6-4433-8357-d71f18c38ac4