Windows 10: Windows update freezes every time, same situation bricked my last PC, please help

Discus and support Windows update freezes every time, same situation bricked my last PC, please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short, my last PC would freeze every time it tried to update, specifically during the portion where it restarts the computer. Upon booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CharityDiary, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Windows update freezes every time, same situation bricked my last PC, please help

Long story short, my last PC would freeze every time it tried to update, specifically during the portion where it restarts the computer. Upon booting back up, it would freeze at a blank grey screen and start to overheat, and my only option was to hard power off and power back on, after which it would try to apply the update but freeze at 89% every time, so I would power it down again and it would restore the previous update. Eventually it did this once while I was at work all day, and it essentially melted the hardware because it cooked all day long.

Now the same situation is affecting my current PC! It freezes during the restart portion, then freezes at 89% when I turn it back on. The new update is unavoidable because it says the support for the old version is ending, so I am no longer able to push it back. I think it's gonna try to update again about an hour from now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/CharityDiary
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CharityDiary, Nov 24, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Nov 24, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Windows update freezes every time, same situation bricked my last PC, please help

windows update freeze pc

It's nice to receive credit, but I don't see how plagiarism applies on a volunteer manned public Help forum. *Confused
    If it did no one would receive any help.

Do you remember who first told you how to:
    • Check a drive?
    • Use the Registry Editor?
    • Parse the CBS log?
    • etc.

Can you prove that you are the creator of "Windows Update Minitool" and (most likely) the person who first documented how to use it?

lehnerus2000, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows update freezes every time, same situation bricked my last PC, please help

1. Windows update freezes every time, same situation bricked my last PC, please help - Similar Threads - update freezes every

2. PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME: Hello everyone, I have a PC that has been giving me problems with any game for several months. After a variable amount of time, ranging from 20 minutes to an hour of gameplay, the game freezes, and sometimes horrible glitches appear all over the screen unfortunately, I don't...
  3. PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC GAMES FREEZE EVERY TIME: Hello everyone, I have a PC that has been giving me problems with any game for several months. After a variable amount of time, ranging from 20 minutes to an hour of gameplay, the game freezes, and sometimes horrible glitches appear all over the screen unfortunately, I don't...
  4. Every win10 update bricks my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every win10 update bricks my pc: Why is it that every time you update win10 it completely fails and I have to reformat. I purposely avoid your additions because they are so detrimental. Literal hours of my life wasted to a product that's supposed to make things easier. Unacceptable....
  5. Every win10 update bricks my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every win10 update bricks my pc: Why is it that every time you update win10 it completely fails and I have to reformat. I purposely avoid your additions because they are so detrimental. Literal hours of my life wasted to a product that's supposed to make things easier. Unacceptable....
  6. My windows 10 may be bricked. please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 may be bricked. please help: So basically, i haven't updated my windows since mid 2019, so that is probably when the issues started. I cannot do software updates, download anything from microsoft store or perform any of the recovery options to reset/refresh my pc. I have tried several things, the...
  7. Please help! Windows 10 Upgrade freezes several times... last time this happened lost...

Please help! Windows 10 Upgrade freezes several times... last time this happened lost...: The Windows 10 2019 upgrade keeps freezing.. undo changes several times... Last time I went through an upgrade I had to reinstall everything from scratch and lost a lot of files and important stuff on my disk!! Do I have to complete the upgrade? Is there a way to complete the...
  8. Windows update has bricked my computer! please help!

Windows update has bricked my computer! please help!: Hello! my computer was shut down and restarted so that it could update, before it was going to update it ran a disk check ect. afterwards when I booted up and logged in to windows, many of my programs were missing (steam games, unity, blender, ect.) and I was unable to give...
  9. last windows update freeze pc

in Windows 10 Support
    last windows update freeze pc: Greetings I'm in winver 1709 build 16299.192 last update was most probably "cummulative update for windows 10 for x64-based systems KB4074588" It generated the famous shield on taskbar which I couldnt delete or terminate (from list of tasks) as administrator and until I...
  10. My Win 10 freezes at same place every time

My Win 10 freezes at same place every time: It stops here, and after restarting my PC it freezes again at the same place. 32055