Windows 10: Windows update freezes on startup

Discus and support Windows update freezes on startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I use 'Update and Shutdown' on Windows 10, when I start my computer again the update freezes after about a minute, the spinning dots freeze and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkTyrrell1, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Windows update freezes on startup

When I use 'Update and Shutdown' on Windows 10, when I start my computer again the update freezes after about a minute, the spinning dots freeze and the Windows will not boot. If I then turn the machine off and start it again the update works and Windows boots. But this is not ideal and can of course damage the computer. Is there a solution to this problem? It happens every time I use the Update and Shutdown feature.

:)

MarkTyrrell1, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 21, 2019
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows update freezes on startup

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows update freezes on startup

1. Windows update freezes on startup - Similar Threads - update freezes startup

2. Windows freezes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes on startup: Windows freezes shortly after logging in but if I check task manager before it crashes I see the CPU running anywhere from 78%-100%. I first had issues with Windows 10 so I tried a fresh installation on windows 11 still having the issue. When the computer does crash if I...
  3. Windows freezes on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes on startup: Windows freezes shortly after logging in but if I check task manager before it crashes I see the CPU running anywhere from 78%-100%. I first had issues with Windows 10 so I tried a fresh installation on windows 11 still having the issue. When the computer does crash if I...
  4. Windows 10/11 freezes after update/startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 freezes after update/startup: I’ve been having some serious issue with windows updates. I’ve tried everything: updated drivers, updated motherboard bios, updated windows multiple times, clearing temp files, all the things in command prompt, tested RAM health, clean install of window’s multiple...
  5. Windows 10/11 freezes after update/startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 freezes after update/startup: I’ve been having some serious issue with windows updates. I’ve tried everything: updated drivers, updated motherboard bios, updated windows multiple times, clearing temp files, all the things in command prompt, tested RAM health, clean install of window’s multiple...
  6. Freeze on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze on startup: Windows 10 just started freezing at startup on Dell Lattitude... tried booting up in safe mode... tried uninstalling updates... tried booting up without driver signatures... tried reinstalling windows & froze before finishing...Any suggestions?...
  7. PC Freezes on Startup after Windows 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Freezes on Startup after Windows 20H2 update: I was holding off updating until today when I saw that the version would be unsupported. I reboot and when I get to my lock screeb, i notice my personalization settings had been reset. I thought it was weird and kept on signing in. At the sign in screen, the PC froze up, and...
  8. Windows 10 freezes at startup after the update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes at startup after the update.: After the update, everything went well for a couple of days. Then, after booting and automatic updates, it freezes on login. It allows me to enter a password, but nothing after that. You cannot click the arrow to continue. I am not sure what to do It was fine until it was...
  9. gta unplayable and freezing on startup after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gta unplayable and freezing on startup after windows update: Hello I have the game gta5 which i sometimes play online, after a big windows update (I believe it was the creators update) I now have a problem where it seems the frame rate drops about 30 seconds into a session, it only drops from 60-around 30 so I don't know why this...
  10. Windows freezes on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes on startup: ever since ive upgaded to win 10 on starting up my computer it freezes on boot up when it hase the black square with the white dots swirling around they freeze after 4 or 5 passes. i have to hard shut it off and try again some times it can boot up correctly but some times it...