Windows 10: Windows Update Freezes.

Discus and support Windows Update Freezes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot start my laptop. I had a windows update last night, let it run overnight. My laptop was still working in the morning, but it had a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeorginaNeely142, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Windows Update Freezes.

I cannot start my laptop. I had a windows update last night, let it run overnight. My laptop was still working in the morning, but it had a black screen. I held the power button to shut it down. When I rebooted it went straight into the update, but it froze. I let it sit for 2 hours, still nothing. I did this a bit more and got a black screen or frozen Windows update. How do I make my laptop work?

:)

GeorginaNeely142, Aug 1, 2021
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Windows update freezes

Hi,

If your Windows 10 freezes while updating, it could be due to corrupted or incompatible drivers or system files, or third-party application conflicts. We suggest you to run the
    Windows Update troubleshooter, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar, and press
      Enter on the keyboard.
    • Go to Troubleshooting.
    • Click View All.
    • Right-click on Windows Update from the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we recommend you to follow the instructions provided by Andre Da Costa in this
    thread.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Aug 1, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Update Freezes.

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Freezes. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update Freezes.

1. Windows Update Freezes. - Similar Threads - Update Freezes

2. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  3. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  4. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  6. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  7. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

8. Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...

Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  9. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  10. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...