Windows 10: Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot

Discus and support Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been having a really annoying problem recently. I am currently running Windows 10 Version 1809 which I installed back in February of 2019, one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarOnic, Feb 21, 2020.

1. MarOnic Win User

Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot

I've been having a really annoying problem recently. I am currently running Windows 10 Version 1809 which I installed back in February of 2019, one year ago. Since then, I have not been able to update Windows at all. Whenever I install an update, it'll restart at 30% like it normally does and then once the logo of my manufacturer appears, the PC freezes. Usually spinning dots appear at the bottom, but they don't. I tried rebooting the PC myself and it still freezes. And if I reboot it too many times, it just reverts the update. I've tried so many suggestions but none have worked. This is really frustrating because my version of Windows will no longer be supported starting in May. Please, if anyone has any suggestions to fix this, I would really appreciate it. If you need any information about my PC, just let me know.

To avoid duplicates, here are some suggestions I've already tried that haven't worked:
    - Unplugging all USB devices from the PC while the update installs

- Unplugging power from the PC after the 1st restart and plugging it back in

- Changing the Link State Power Management setting to "Off"

:)

MarOnic, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Creators update freeze. 1st Freeze on blank screen then at 89%

Thanks for the reply Dennis. We suggest following the steps below and see if it will revert you back to the previous version of Windows:

• 1. Open Settings window.

• 2. Click Update and Security, Recovery.

• 3. Select Get Started, under Go back.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Feb 21, 2020
  3. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot

1. Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot - Similar Threads - Update Freezing 1st

2. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  3. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  4. Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing minutes after rebooting.: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 laptop was working a little bit slower than normal recently, and I saw that there was a couple of driver updates that needed to be completed so I clicked update and restart. However, it never restarted on its own. Eventually, I rebooted and it said...
  5. Windows update after October 1st

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update after October 1st: Okay, so I updated Windows on my laptop on the 1st and everything worked, but then at about the 4th it updated again and now it says "Your PC did not start correctly" I need help fixing this....
  6. Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update: I have had this issue for a few months and want to try update to 1809, since I am currently on 1803. It prepares the install on the OS fine, but once it reboots to start actually updating it just freezes and stays stuck on that screen infinitely. Everytime I get error...
  7. Unable to update Windows 10 to v1809. Freezing at boot after reboot.

Unable to update Windows 10 to v1809. Freezing at boot after reboot.: I am not being able to update my windows 10 device. After all the update files downloaded, I restarted the system (2 times). But it freezes at a boot screen like the image. It doesn't boot up. Even the keyboard isn't working at this time. And after I force shutdown using...
  8. Windows Insider Update freezes on "Working on Updates" after reboot

Windows Insider Update freezes on "Working on Updates" after reboot: Hey there, I'm not sure if there's an extra section for Insider stuff, so I'll post it here. Anyway, my problem is that for the past week I've been trying to get the 19H1 Insider Fast Ring update to work, but when my PC reboots to install the update and gets to the "Working...
  9. Windows update causing screen to freeze then reboot

Windows update causing screen to freeze then reboot: G'day. Hoping someone can help. Ever since my computer updated, it has caused my screen to freeze and then computer goes into a reboot. Only to repeat. Freeze then reboot. ARGH!!! I've tried to restore but there are no restore points except the latest update point. Hope...
  10. Unable to update Windows 10 to v1809. Freezing at boot after reboot.

Unable to update Windows 10 to v1809. Freezing at boot after reboot.: I am not being able to update my windows 10 device. After all the update files downloaded, I restarted the system (2 times). But it freezes at a boot screen like the image. It doesn't boot up. Even the keyboard isn't working at this time. And after I force shutdown using...