Windows 10: Windows update fried my USB 2.0 controller

Discus and support Windows update fried my USB 2.0 controller in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,. I just did a fresh install on a x570 Aorus Extreme v. 1.1 and the updates 2021-06 and AMD driver updates all install and computer USB becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard_Horan, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Windows update fried my USB 2.0 controller

Hi,. I just did a fresh install on a x570 Aorus Extreme v. 1.1 and the updates 2021-06 and AMD driver updates all install and computer USB becomes unresponsive. On the first time I tried it I got too much power to USB unrecognizable device and had to use power button to shut down. After restarting the USB 2.0 on the back all failed. I resinstalled windows and again it freezed during the update. Something is wrong with the current updates.

:)

Richard_Horan, Jun 10, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Help with USB VID_0000&PID_0002\6&32FA202A&0&8

Hi Nikolaos,

We suggest that you apply the troubleshooting procedures below:

Method 1: Run Hardware Troubleshooter
    to diagnose issue with hardware if there are any on your computer. Follow the steps:

• Click Start or press Windows logo and go to
      Settings
    • Search for troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting
    • Go to Hardware and Sounds
    • Select Hardware and Devices and click on next, then follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes
    • Reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled

Let us know how it goes.

Kerwin Lee, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Windows update fried my USB 2.0 controller

USB 1.1 PS3 Controller not working after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

KB2993928 update is related to ASP.net, and KB3081424 updates is to enhance the functionality of Windows 10. Therefore, I suggest you update your Universal bus controller drivers in the compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Universal Bus Controller.

• Right-click on the Universal Bus Controller and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

I would also recommend you to click on the below link and try the steps provided in this link, see if this helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows update fried my USB 2.0 controller

1. Windows update fried my USB 2.0 controller - Similar Threads - update fried USB

2. I used media creation windows 10 setup and it fried my USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I used media creation windows 10 setup and it fried my USB?: Hello,So I used the media creation tool to install the Windows 10 setup on my USB drive and it doesn't show up on my This PC devices and drives but it does on my Device Manager. I can't format it and reinstall it. I don't want to buy a new USB, what do I do?...
  3. I used media creation windows 10 setup and it fried my USB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I used media creation windows 10 setup and it fried my USB?: Hello,So I used the media creation tool to install the Windows 10 setup on my USB drive and it doesn't show up on my This PC devices and drives but it does on my Device Manager. I can't format it and reinstall it. I don't want to buy a new USB, what do I do?...
  4. I used media creation windows 10 setup and it fried my USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is my mother board fried

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my mother board fried: So I let my 5 year old on my pc he tried turning it off himself by spamming the power button on and off now is showing no signal I can even open the bios screen or nothing iv tried a new hard drive still nothing plugged monitors in mother board vga and still nothing all fans...
  6. Is my computer fried?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my computer fried?: I've been using this computer for a good 6 months already but its showing signs of acting up and many crashes. I play Minecraft on this computer and think that my fans might not be cooling my PC fast enough. I've been getting system error exception stop codes and have tried...
  7. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  8. March 9 Windows 10 update fried my laptop??

March 9 Windows 10 update fried my laptop??: I came home find that my Windows 10 Dell Laptop had updated, was able to login once and found that a new Google Chrome was installed as well, but not synced to my Google account. I logged in and then restarted. The first time it started when it updated it was flashing. After...
  9. Your Windows 10 update fried my hard drive

Your Windows 10 update fried my hard drive: Your Windows 10 update fried my hard drive toshiba computer that was only 2 years old. What are you going to do about i. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-10-update-fried-my-hard-drive/db4f8176-4f3e-4480-8cae-d1549abd4a58
  10. Did I just fry my front USB ports?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did I just fry my front USB ports?: I tried charging a new el cheapo bluetooth speaker on my front USB 3.0 port on my PC. It didn't seem to be charging correctly, as the charge light brightness varied if you wiggled the cord. I moved it to the other front USB 3.0 port, and it was doing the same thing, so I left...