Windows 10: windows update from 1709 to 1903 fails. Keeps undoing changes.

Discus and support windows update from 1709 to 1903 fails. Keeps undoing changes. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can't figure out what's breaking the update. I'm already in clean boot here's the setuperr log any clues how to fix? I'd rather not clean install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by link626, Apr 12, 2020.

1. link626 Win User

windows update from 1709 to 1903 fails. Keeps undoing changes.

can't figure out what's breaking the update.
    I'm already in clean boot
    here's the setuperr log

any clues how to fix? I'd rather not clean install everything if i can help it

Code:
    :)

link626, Apr 12, 2020

2. Windows Update keeps failing!

Yea, that was going to be my next suggestion, if "Safe mode" did not work... I didn't want to scare him just yet.. *Toast :toast: There is a new feature in Windows 8 that will let you go back to a fresh install with just a few clicks. It should help a lot non pro's to start over fresh. *Toast :toast: But this is no help to him.. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Apr 12, 2020
  3. cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes

thanks for that

i followed the steps as suggested but it failed again and Undid the update

Attached is the screenshot of what I got when I booted back into windows

- - - Updated - - -

btw i just checked and i have 24.5gb free on the C drive

I will use mini partition tool to increase this to over 30 if we think that will help

bartjunited, Apr 12, 2020
  4. 3870x2 Win User

Windows Update keeps failing!

I had this problem with a vista machine. After a while I resorted to reinstalling the operating system (restore in this case)

Same issue as yours, it would download, install, then upon restarting it would start finishing the updates, and fail, then undo the updates.

3870x2, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. windows update from 1709 to 1903 fails. Keeps undoing changes. - Similar Threads - update 1709 1903

2. Updates Failing with Undoing Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates Failing with Undoing Changes: Windows 10 update keep failing with the message as follows:We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-failing-with-undoing-changes/abad9cb3-4564-4c81-abb4-e9dc9377f201
  3. Updates Failing with Undoing Changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates Failing with Undoing Changes: Windows 10 update keep failing with the message as follows:We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off your computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-failing-with-undoing-changes/abad9cb3-4564-4c81-abb4-e9dc9377f201
  4. Updates Failing with Undoing Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Update Failed, Undoing Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Failed, Undoing Changes: Hello, Recently i have not been able to update my Windows 10 PC. It keeps restarting when the update is downloaded and then says "We Couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes".Things i have tried *Deleting software distribution folder* Manually Downloading Updates...
  6. Update Failed, Undoing Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Failed, Undoing Changes: Hello, Recently i have not been able to update my Windows 10 PC. It keeps restarting when the update is downloaded and then says "We Couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes".Things i have tried *Deleting software distribution folder* Manually Downloading Updates...
  7. Update Failed, Undoing Changes

8. Updating from 1709 to 1903+

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating from 1709 to 1903+: Trying to update my Laptop from 1709 to 1903. Apparently the update required does not work to no prevail. I’m normal settings, it starts to install, gets to about 90% then fails and gives an error. When I looked up the error it told me to try disabling antivirus, and to...
  9. cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes: rebuilt my laptop yesterday using Macrium the last build I had made was in January this year therefore need to update software and windows updates. System has updated to 1803 states there is an update for 1903 - download this system reboots - starts to install the update...
  10. Update failed from 1709 to 1903

Update failed from 1709 to 1903: Hi everyone, I hope you can really help me. I formatted the PC with an old build because on USB I only had this ready to use, but Windows doesn't want to update itself. I have tried both the update tool and the windows update. Quick installation, restart, blue screen,...