Windows 10: windows update getting stuck

Discus and support windows update getting stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows update getting stuck at "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 status : Downloading - 100%".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BibhuasishMishra, Sep 8, 2020.

1. windows update getting stuck

Windows update getting stuck at "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004

:)

BibhuasishMishra, Sep 8, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 8, 2020
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 8, 2020
  4. MIkew365 Win User

windows update getting stuck

Windows Update Stuck

Updating my laptop which I haven't used for 6 months.
    I go to Settings, Update and Security, and there are a list of 10 updates, 2 of which say pending install, the others say pending download. Left laptop on overnight and still saying the same this morning.
    Ran Windows Troubleshooting Updates twice, both times found no problem.
    Have good Wi-Fi signal. Have re-booted several times. Now stuck. Can you please suggest how I get round this please.

MIkew365, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

windows update getting stuck

1. windows update getting stuck - Similar Threads - update getting stuck

2. Windows Updates stuck at "pausing updates" and Security stuck at "getting protection info"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates stuck at "pausing updates" and Security stuck at "getting protection info": Tried attaching images but "something went wrong" with the website. Go figure.For months Defender has been stuck at "getting protection info" so I could never run a security scan. Been relying on third party apps like malwarebytes. I read that pausing windows updates and...
  3. Windows Updates stuck at "pausing updates" and Security stuck at "getting protection info"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates stuck at "pausing updates" and Security stuck at "getting protection info": Tried attaching images but "something went wrong" with the website. Go figure.For months Defender has been stuck at "getting protection info" so I could never run a security scan. Been relying on third party apps like malwarebytes. I read that pausing windows updates and...
  4. Windows Update getting stuck on Checking for Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update getting stuck on Checking for Updates: Hello Everyone! I am an user of Dell Inspiron 3583. Recently, I did a reset using dell OS recovery tool. But, since then, the Windows Update Page is getting stuck on Checking for updates. I contacted Microsoft Support, and they suggested me to do Clean Install by using...
  5. Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix

Update stuck; cannot get to Windows to fix: Hello, I am setting up a new laptop running Windows 10. After getting everything installed, I had updates prompted when I went to restart. The update process gets to 38% and stays there for a while, then I get an error message and the computer reboots. On reboot, the update...
  6. Windows update gets stuck and fails

Windows update gets stuck and fails: Hi there. I have been having an issue with the Windows 2020 May Update 2004. It is very annoying because I have tried to update several times 6 or so and I always seem to get an error. It updates normally, the problem is when I restart my computer: It goes fine, but gets to...
  7. The update gets stuck

The update gets stuck: The update is stuck at 0%. And none of the other facilities are starting, presumably because of this. The Windows Update Troubleshooter does not help: it tells me to use administrator privileges, but when I click on that button and give it an administrator password, nothing...
  8. Updating gets stuck

Updating gets stuck: I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and Windows Update tells me that there are available updates. One of these is Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1. Firstly, I don't have VS 2010 on my machine - I removed it ages ago. So why does it want a service...
  9. WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready"

WINDOWS UPDATE- Stuck At "Getting things ready": My Windows Update program gets stuck at "getting things ready" process. I recently reset my laptop with Microsoft Defender to solve existing update problem, but new situation came up. Troubleshooter couldn't find problems, SFC and DISM indicated no problem, BITS is on, so I...
  10. Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update stuck at "Getting Windows ready": Windows 10 prompted me to restart to install the Creators Update. It's now been sitting for a little over an hour on "Getting Windows ready. Don't turn off your computer". I can still move the mouse around and the dots are still spinning, but there's no activity on the disk....