Windows 10: Windows update giving me issues

Discus and support Windows update giving me issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey after my laptop received an update in April its hasn't been the same afterwards, I can not access the basic functions of windows like getting to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeananJanuary, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Windows update giving me issues

Hey after my laptop received an update in April its hasn't been the same afterwards, I can not access the basic functions of windows like getting to my settings, menu, cortana, can not even connect to my WiFi through the mini pop up tab or see my notifications tab.It always gives me the same error messages "You'll need a new app to open to open this link" then i tap search on on Microsoft store then it say "ms-office-store:Assoc? protocol=option Installed failed please contact software vendor " this happens with basically everything i try to do like open my music, picture and videos and my laptop

keeping running into the blue page "your pc has run into a problem "

Is there anything i can do to fix this problem ? I've tried start up repair, earlier restore point so far.

:)

KeananJanuary, Jun 2, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Jun 2, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Windows update giving me issues

Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows update giving me issues

1. Windows update giving me issues - Similar Threads - update giving issues

2. Please give me update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please give me update: Im on windows 10 home 22h2 and my pc meets minimum requirements and i checked in the health app but in windows update it isnt there and i remember it being there but i went back to windows 10 and now i want to go back and the option isnt there and windows 11 installation...
  3. Please give me update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please give me update: Im on windows 10 home 22h2 and my pc meets minimum requirements and i checked in the health app but in windows update it isnt there and i remember it being there but i went back to windows 10 and now i want to go back and the option isnt there and windows 11 installation...
  4. Please give me update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Microsoft account is giving me issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account is giving me issues.: Ever since I got my new PC, my Microsoft account has had one issue after another. Currently, my account has been blocked, and every time I am asked to input my number and get a verification code, nothing happens.My account has been stuck like this for months. I just want to...
  6. My Microsoft account is giving me issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account is giving me issues.: Ever since I got my new PC, my Microsoft account has had one issue after another. Currently, my account has been blocked, and every time I am asked to input my number and get a verification code, nothing happens.My account has been stuck like this for months. I just want to...
  7. Windows update giving me constant bluescreens, and worse.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update giving me constant bluescreens, and worse.: So I decided updating windows after bugging me about it for a solid 3 weeks, and before the update, everything was fine. I had 144hz compatibility, and all the good stuff. Now, post-update, windows removed nvidia control panel, I can no longer use 144hz, when I try to use...
  8. Windows update giving me constant bluescreens, and worse.

Windows update giving me constant bluescreens, and worse.: So I decided updating windows after bugging me about it for a solid 3 weeks, and before the update, everything was fine. I had 144hz compatibility with displayport, and all the good stuff. Now, post-update, windows removed nvidia control panel, I can no longer use 144hz, when...
  9. Latest update gives me BSOD

Latest update gives me BSOD: I have been pausing the update for weeks now. It will continue in the start of August and im super scared that i wont be able to use my pc again. I tried updating my pc a couple times with no luck...I just get the blue screen of death. My only option is to do a system...
  10. Give me control of updates!!

Give me control of updates!!: This morning (24th Aug) I set the latest updates, which downloaded without me asking and showed my system right down, to install on the 30th Aug. I put my laptop to sleep and go back to it an hours later. It says "installing updates" that I didn't ask it to download in the...