Windows 10: Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options?

Discus and support Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I turn on "Download updates over metered connection" in advanced option in Windows setting and then Enabled automatic updates via Group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dani_F1, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Dani_F1 Win User

Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options?

Hello,

I turn on "Download updates over metered connection" in advanced option in Windows setting and then Enabled automatic updates via Group policy. Now Which one is to apply? Download update over metered connection? or except on metered connection?

Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options? dcf85949-c25f-446b-b9a8-b12a84db7453?upload=true.jpg

Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options? bd56c469-ec00-4527-8f0e-a8922e724483?upload=true.jpg

Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options? bccf9a34-5afc-4dad-b997-3bb1c026bfa2?upload=true.jpg Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options? 2d81acf8-8965-4b65-be03-ce2a9291a5cc?upload=true.jpg

:)

Dani_F1, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 26, 2019
  3. GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options?

Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options?

1. Windows update - Group Policy or Advanced options? - Similar Threads - update Group Policy

2. Windows Update ignores Group Policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update ignores Group Policies: This has also been added to the Feedback Hub but for some reason the issues surrounding forced driver updates seem to persist as there seems to be zero effort to make AMD driver updates optional. What makes this even worse is that even with the GPO "Do not include drivers...
  3. Windows Update ignores Group Policies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update ignores Group Policies: This has also been added to the Feedback Hub but for some reason the issues surrounding forced driver updates seem to persist as there seems to be zero effort to make AMD driver updates optional. What makes this even worse is that even with the GPO "Do not include drivers...
  4. Windows Update ignoring group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update ignoring group policy: Hi fellow techs,We have Group Policy configured with automatic updates set to "disabled". Despite that, our machines are randomly installing cumulative updates, devices drivers, and even upgrading to Windows 11 without consent. Every machine we check post-update has a...
  5. Windows Update ignoring group policy

Windows Update ignoring group policy: Hi fellow techs,We have Group Policy configured with automatic updates set to "disabled". Despite that, our machines are randomly installing cumulative updates, devices drivers, and even upgrading to Windows 11 without consent. Every machine we check post-update has a...
  6. Windows Update ignoring group policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  8. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  9. Group Policy - Windows Update issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Group Policy - Windows Update issue: Hi, I work for a university and we have our own WSUS server. My GPO gets the Windows Updates from this WSUS. Some of our computers download and install the updates but some of them need to be manually started to Download or Install. Please see the attached screenshots. I am...
  10. No Option to Read Group Policy for Admin?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Option to Read Group Policy for Admin?: Hi All Can someone please confirm how to grant Read Access to Group Policy. This is for existing Admins, who can create new Policies.( I have also added the Read only permission on the Delegation tab). When we were on Server 2008r2 we could just right click and edit, this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpupdate options