Windows 10: Windows Update GUI glitch? (1703)

Discus and support Windows Update GUI glitch? (1703) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have noticed the follow issue, Gpedit.msc has *configure automatic updates* set to 2. Notify for download and auto install, but the WU page when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kyuu.., Aug 9, 2018.

1. kyuu.. Win User

Windows Update GUI glitch? (1703)

So I have noticed the follow issue, Gpedit.msc has *configure automatic updates* set to 2. Notify for download and auto install, but the WU page when I first go in to looks like this

Windows Update GUI glitch? (1703) f930af56-d960-4bba-8c0d-a9bd77df89d2?upload=true.png

When I go into advanced then hit back it shows this

Windows Update GUI glitch? (1703) 8d4ac688-8c51-4e19-9ceb-e149844f52ea?upload=true.png

If back out of WU page all together or close page it says what is show in image one until I go in to advanced again. Which confusing me is WU really set to ask to download and installl updates or is set to automatic download and install? a far as I can tell so far WU has only asked me to download and install CU updates, Features updates like 1709 have been automatically download and tried to be installed on 2 different occasions

:)

kyuu.., Aug 9, 2018

2. Glitching After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Ahsiek,

Display errors might have caused by an incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• What is the
      build number and version of your Windows
      ?
    • When you say glitch, does it mean that the screen flickers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 laptop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the graphics driver of your Windows 10 by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Joro Win User

1703 - scanner freezes

My old machine wouldn't update to 1703 (and had other glitches), so I found a new-used i7 PC and put in a fresh install of 1703. Everything works fine except the scanner, an Epson Photo 3490.

I used the same driver software installer as in the old machine, but when I open the scanner one of the follow happens in no predictable order:

• It opens the scan app, then when I press Preview or Scan It tells me that the scan is starting, and then the app freezes. I need to use Task Manager to close it.
    • It tells me that I don't have a Twain driver installed
    • It tells me that it can't open the app.

I've deleted the driver and software, tried to install it with Admin privileges, and I've used the compatibility utility to install it for an older Windows version (both 7 and 8).

Does anyone have any suggestions to get this working?.

Joro, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update GUI glitch? (1703) - Similar Threads - Update GUI glitch

2. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  3. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why gui boot is glitched?: i turned off gui boot and when i turn on my pc windows logo doesnt load just black screen until the pc open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-gui-boot-is-glitched/19a453cf-8f93-4fcb-a379-c0bf9b8da44b
  4. why gui boot is glitched?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Frustrating GUI glitch w/ Paint

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frustrating GUI glitch w/ Paint: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dreamconfedi_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k81y3z/frustrating_gui_glitch_w_paint/
  6. Failed update windows 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed update windows 1703: Hi there, I having an issue , i could not update my Windows 10. Currently running 1703, I tried this link from microsoft thread but no good , https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Does microsoft have one single package to update old windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 update 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update 1703: I found this update this morning. It has been "installing" now for 3 hours and sees to be in a loop where it shows Dowloading Updates, Preparing to install updates, then goes back to Downloading Updates. Is this a loop or wilI it complete? 91723
  8. Windows 1703 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1703 update: Ever since the 1703 update last week a bunch of unwanted changes have appeared on my computer. One change all my desktop Ions were scrambled. Ok, so I'll put tem back where they were. Not so easy. It seems even though I have the "align to grid" turned off it sill wont let me...
  9. Fails to update to windows 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fails to update to windows 1703: Hello Bree suggested I should start a new thread............. My W10 updates all "offers" except for feature update to windows 10 version 1703? It has had several tries at updating it but fails each time, while other updates come in and are completed. As of 1/6/17 I'm on...
  10. Windows 1703 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1703 Update Problems: I'll never learn! I either let Microsoft update my computers or I forced an update to 1703 on the others. So...now I have seven computers running W10 1703 and thought everything looked ok...but it ain't. I stumbled into the networking problem when a did a fresh install on one...