Windows 10: Windows update has caused havoc -after re-install of WIn 10- driver problems out yin-yang!

Discus and support Windows update has caused havoc -after re-install of WIn 10- driver problems out yin-yang! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 System Model H170-Gaming 3 System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sstevo66, May 14, 2019.

1. sstevo66 Win User

Windows update has caused havoc -after re-install of WIn 10- driver problems out yin-yang!

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    System Model H170-Gaming 3
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Cannot update to DCH drivers and my Logitech peripherals are using generic MS HID drivers. How do i wipe out the remnants of the MS drivers completely and get the DCH update to really work?

BTW, my system thinks the Intel DCH drivers are unsigned AND windows update says I am up to date on my Inter 530 graphics.

Suggestions?

:)

sstevo66, May 14, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 14, 2019
  3. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, May 14, 2019
  4. Kanan Win User

Windows update has caused havoc -after re-install of WIn 10- driver problems out yin-yang!

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

It's a weird software problem I guess. Try GeForce Experience to upgrade it, maybe it works. I have a 780 Ti too and have the newest driver in Win 8.1, installed via GF Experience.

Kanan, May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update has caused havoc -after re-install of WIn 10- driver problems out yin-yang! - Similar Threads - update has caused

2. Win 10 activation after a re-install.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 activation after a re-install.: I needed to replace the HDD and Memory of a desktop Dell computer.I know that the license of the WIN 7 Pro now WIN 10 is embedded in the machine. Why is it that when the OS was reinstalled, the license did not get activated automatically. I tried to enter the license through...
  3. Win 10 activation after a re-install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 activation after a re-install.: I needed to replace the HDD and Memory of a desktop Dell computer.I know that the license of the WIN 7 Pro now WIN 10 is embedded in the machine. Why is it that when the OS was reinstalled, the license did not get activated automatically. I tried to enter the license through...
  4. Win 10 activation after a re-install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. KB4589212 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4589212 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop: Hi all, I recently purchased an AMD computer, which has been working fine for a couple of weeks. I got the updates through and thought it wouldn't hurt to update security settings etc..I also had the cumulative updates to install..in particular KB4589212 for x64 based...
  6. Windows update 2004 causing havoc on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update 2004 causing havoc on my laptop: It has been more than a month since the windows 2004 update and my laptop and myself going mad. I have lost hours of work. I have disabled Windows search index to mitigate the effect on disk utilisation this continuously run at 100%. It was settled for a while but update...
  7. Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot

Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot: Hi, I recently installed the most up to date patch for windows 10 and I can no longer boot. I have about 16 hours in troubleshooting this. It started with a blue screen Stop Code: 0xc000021a . I tried to restore and it failed. I tried to uninstall the update but was...
  8. re: a new win update problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    re: a new win update problem: I am having troubles with auto updates again on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop OS Win 10 Home 32bit. I put in the following line bellow into the Windows Registry. Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows" in the Registry. Right-click the Windows (folder)...
  9. Graphic problems after Win 10 re-installaton

Graphic problems after Win 10 re-installaton: New clean installation, I got problems with text-typing, in Word, chat in games and here. Also the old Halo-game (from -2003) both trial and custom version losed the smooth running and wasnt possible to type chat text or see the chat or server messages. Before the reinstall...
  10. installation of win 10 causing problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installation of win 10 causing problems: I have a hp laptop (model 15 n022sa) and ive been trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1 when i get to the first restart it boots back into windows 8.1 and says installation has failed. I tried doing a fresh install from a dvd by changing the bios to boot into it on...