Windows 10: Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC

Discus and support Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I keep all updates set to only install when I tell windows to do that. So why is Microsoft now forcing windows 10 updates regardless of what I told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dougolicious, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC

I keep all updates set to only install when I tell windows to do that. So why is Microsoft now forcing windows 10 updates regardless of what I told windows the behavior I wanted? I've pushed this thing aside and tried to reconfigure it, but no, microsoft has to do it this way, right in the middle of me doing work.

Now here's the really bad part. This large mandatory update has failed with an error, and has locked the desktop. I can't do anything, including saving all the work I was doing, and some key stuff is going to get rolled back if I force a power-off. Everything but the taskbar is dimmed, and nothing can be used (including the task bar). I can control-alt-delete and start task manager, except that I can't do anything so killing an jacked process is out of the question. I can also alt-tab, but I can't use any apps.

Why, microsoft, must we put up with decades of you making the same repeated mistakes and not learning from them?

submitted by /u/Dougolicious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dougolicious, Dec 27, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2019
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC

1. Windows update has forced itself upon me and locked me out of my PC - Similar Threads - update has forced

2. Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC: Bitlocker has turned itself on after an automatic update and now it locked me out of my computer and requires a recovery key. I went to microsoft on a different computer and logged in to see if I had a recovery key and there was no key to be found. Additionally, I cannot...
  3. Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker has locked me out of my PC: Bitlocker has turned itself on after an automatic update and now it locked me out of my computer and requires a recovery key. I went to microsoft on a different computer and logged in to see if I had a recovery key and there was no key to be found. Additionally, I cannot...
  4. The forced Pin upon me has now locked me out of my computer for good. Microsoft: The...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The forced Pin upon me has now locked me out of my computer for good. Microsoft: The...: Being connected to a microsoft account has completely screwed me and made me lose everything. Googled around seems there is no fix to this error. Tried getting rid of the pin using the jank “cancel” method but when you try to sign in again it says that you have no pin and...
  5. The forced Pin upon me has now locked me out of my computer for good. Microsoft: The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The forced Pin upon me has now locked me out of my computer for good. Microsoft: The...: Being connected to a microsoft account has completely screwed me and made me lose everything. Googled around seems there is no fix to this error. Tried getting rid of the pin using the jank “cancel” method but when you try to sign in again it says that you have no pin and...
  6. The forced Pin upon me has now locked me out of my computer for good. Microsoft: The...

7. PC Encryption has locked me out of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC Encryption has locked me out of my files: Hello, my custom built PC's Motherboard died. I brought a new motherboard and kept all the original parts including the SSD. I had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. Windows was activated via signing in to Microsoft Account and PC name is the same. My external drive does not let me...
  8. PC Encryption has locked me out of my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Encryption has locked me out of my files: Hello, my custom built PC's Motherboard died. I brought a new motherboard and kept all the original parts including the SSD. I had to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. Windows was activated via signing in to Microsoft Account and PC name is the same. My external drive does not let me...
  9. PC Encryption has locked me out of my files

10. Update has locked me out of my PC, any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update has locked me out of my PC, any ideas?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VapeInMyPussyBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fi6nkd/update_has_locked_me_out_of_my_pc_any_ideas/