Windows 10: Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing!

Discus and support Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Both my Surface and my desktop updated on 1/17. Suddenly every time I do a search in Google, "my search" redirects to Bing. I've tried deleting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TerryWagner2, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing!

Both my Surface and my desktop updated on 1/17.

Suddenly every time I do a search in Google, "my search" redirects to Bing.

I've tried deleting and references to Bing on my root drive - my system says I don't have permissions!

I tried going through the apps uninstall, the only thing showing is BingAdvanceSearch - and it won't install. Says the file cannot be found.

Anyone else dealing with this?

:)

TerryWagner2, Jan 19, 2019
  2. MC10 Win User

Use Google instead of Bing with Windows 10 search

There is no way to change the default in Cortana itself but you can redirect it in Chrome. You said that it opens the results in the Chrome browser but it used Bing search right?

There's a Chrome extension now that will redirect Bing to Google, DuckDuckGo, or Yahoo, whichever you prefer. More information on that in the second link.

3. Jothki Win User
    Google Search instead of Bing search with Windows 10???

The latest version of Firefox can do this automatically. Just change the search settings to use Firefox, change Firefox's default search provider to Google, and choose the option to send Windows searches to the default search provider.

Chrome has an extension called Chrometana that will do something similar, though in a less elegant manner. Instead of redirecting requests for Bing searches made by Windows, it redirects ALL requests for Bing searches made through the browser. Unfortunately,
    this even includes searches made by manually navigating to bing.com and using the search bar there. If you're a Chrome fan and are willing to never see anything on Bing ever again, it should still work fine for you.

Jothki, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing!

How to get rid of forced Bing search engine hijacking?

Every time I try to search with Google, Bing hijacks my search.

I have gone into my Firefox settings and deleted everything except Google. Google is also set as my search engine.

I have gone into my Microsoft settings. Bing is not listed in any of the programs, so I cannot delete or uninstall it.

I have run TWO malware programs, deleted what was quarantined, which still did not get rid of Bing.

and last, I did a system restore, which also did not get rid of Bing.

I have NEVER used Bing. I have never DOWNLOADED Bing. Bing was never an issue on my computer until the most recent update, therefore I can only conclude that it was included in that update and that Microsoft is trying to shove Bing down my throat.

Interestingly enough, I also found that my system restore had been turned off after the last update. Care to explain why? Maybe so I couldn't restore back to before this disastrous update that screwed up my DirextX 9 and art programs so that I can't use
    them effectively anymore? So that I wouldn't be able to restore back to before I had Bing hijacking all my searches?

Do NOT give me your pat and routine answer involving me going into my browser settings. I've done that. Do NOT tell me to go into my Microsoft settings. I've done THAT. And don't tell me to run virus or malware scans. I've done all of those things.

Just tell me how to get this useless **** off my computer. You put it on here, so tell me how to get rid of it.

AngeliaParker, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing!

1. Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing! - Similar Threads - Update has hijacked

2. After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search: Everytime i want to search something on Google Chrome it gets redirected to bing and 1miliseconds later it redirects me to google.Now it even redirects me to about:blank and then to google again?!I have BItdefender as my Antivirus but it can't detect anything.adw cleaner and...
  3. After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search: Everytime i want to search something on Google Chrome it gets redirected to bing and 1miliseconds later it redirects me to google.Now it even redirects me to about:blank and then to google again?!I have BItdefender as my Antivirus but it can't detect anything.adw cleaner and...
  4. After Windows Update on March 2023 my Google Chrome gets hijacked by Bing search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results": Google is my selected search engine and Google Chrome is my operating system.When I enter a Google Search, as soon as it comes up it is redirected to Microsoft Bing.How can I stop the redirect?I am a PhD student and Bing's searches are preventing me from getting the...
  6. How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results"

How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results": Google is my selected search engine and Google Chrome is my operating system.When I enter a Google Search, as soon as it comes up it is redirected to Microsoft Bing.How can I stop the redirect?I am a PhD student and Bing's searches are preventing me from getting the...
  7. How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results"

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing

Redirect Windows 11 start menu search in Edge to Google instead of Bing: Hello, Community. Google is my default search engine in Edge. When I do a web search from the Start Menu, however, it opens Bing in Edge. Is there a way to make it open Google in Edge? The only workarounds I have found so far require using a different browser than Edge. Edge...
  9. Bing wallpaper has hijacked my background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing wallpaper has hijacked my background: Hi, Over the last two years, I have been using a slideshow as the background on my laptop. Last week that changed. These beautiful Spotlight pictures have now hijacked my background. They're lovely but my slideshow is lovelier! I go to Settings > Background and select...
  10. Google search is hijacked to yahoo

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google search is hijacked to yahoo: My security is up to date but something is hijacking my browser from google to yahoo and who knows what else it is doing. I've reinstalled windows but it is still happening. How do I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google search hijacked by bing

2. google hijacked by bing

3. Office365 update that will hijack search and redirect it to Bing

4. bing hijacking google,
  5. google hijacked by microsoft,
  6. cortana has hijacked my searches,
  7. my google has been hijacked by bing