Windows 10: Windows Update has once again ruined my PC

Discus and support Windows Update has once again ruined my PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So Windows FORCED me to update my machine against my will this morning, despite Windows update being COMPLETELY TURNED OFF due to multiple past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhjguyhj, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Windows Update has once again ruined my PC

So Windows FORCED me to update my machine against my will this morning, despite Windows update being COMPLETELY TURNED OFF due to multiple past critical failures with Windows update for the last year and a half.

Immediately upon reloading into Windows the user sign-in screen was so broken that it took over 5 minutes for it to finally register keystrokes for my password and load in. It took over 10 minutes to load Windows on a M.2 NVME drive and the operating system is now so broken it is unusable, it takes over a minute to load Task manager from pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL

This system has 32GB ram and a 7th gen i9 processor. there is no reason whatsoever for this absolutely unacceptable machine slowdown.

I am currently in a $30k online school course and I NEED my machine to be functional. I CANNOT reset my PC or reinstall windows as this will cause me to be kicked from my course and lose my $30k investment.

I have been in line for help for four hours. My line position has not moved and it is clear to me that Windows has no interest in fixing their own mistakes.

If Windows' inability to push non-broken updates causes me to fail out of a $30k course I will retain a lawyer and begin suing Microsoft for the $30k immediately due to gross negligence.

Fix this IMMEDIATELY or I will retain a lawyer. I am done playing.

:)

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhjguyhj, Apr 8, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Apr 8, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update has once again ruined my PC :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 8, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Update has once again ruined my PC

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update has once again ruined my PC

1. Windows Update has once again ruined my PC - Similar Threads - Update has once

2. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  3. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once again update breaks pc: Can we stop forcing untested updates on people yet?Who needs to here this, I'll email them?Every time it breaks, I have a standard unmodified registry I don't understand how this can happen.I will not buy a single MS product until this stops happening!...
  4. Once again update breaks pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse: Hi,I already posted before. Quick sum up: everytime there's a big Windows Update coming, my laptop can't work well and usually, my wifi connection is cut. It also takes between 1 to 3 days to finally be able to use the laptop again.However, this time, it's worse. Last week,...
  6. Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse: Hi,I already posted before. Quick sum up: everytime there's a big Windows Update coming, my laptop can't work well and usually, my wifi connection is cut. It also takes between 1 to 3 days to finally be able to use the laptop again.However, this time, it's worse. Last week,...
  7. Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse

8. Latest update has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has ruined my pc: Every time it installs, my pc hard reboots about 3-4 times then takes me to failed to start up screen so I go to troubleshoot it and it just uninstalls the update. Then it crashes again after a while and repeats the same process and uninstalls another update (idk if its the...
  9. Windows update KB4559309 has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update KB4559309 has ruined my pc: When I first built this pc months ago I had issues constantly disconnecting from wifi and getting problema in the troubleshooter like wifi does not have a a valid ip co figuration or default gateway can not be found. After a week of trying to fix it I got the issue sorted and...
  10. windows 10 has ruined my pc

windows 10 has ruined my pc: I bought a pc about 6 months ago with windows 10 pre-installed a couple of days ago I had a boot drive error and had to restart windows to the beginning since then I have had no internet connection and couldn't access anything then all of a sudden my internet icon came to...