Windows 10: windows update hide

Discus and support windows update hide in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do i prevent specific windows update it seems it is downloading some intel drivers even though i already installed all drivers for motherboard. so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tushar_gamer, Jan 8, 2021.

1. windows update hide

how do i prevent specific windows update it seems it is downloading some intel drivers even though i already installed all drivers for motherboard. so i dont want from windows update. now that two drivers have been installed how do i uninstall?

:)

tushar_gamer, Jan 8, 2021

2. [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 8, 2021
  3. rebop Win User
    Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide. It shows as hidden there, but when I check Windows Update again the next day, it is still listed. Normally, it would not be and all other updates would be. Now all are there and I do not yet care to install the feature update.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks.

Win 10 1909

rebop, Jan 8, 2021
  4. windows update hide

Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10  

Hey boys........... i have run the tools on my Windows 10 X64 Home........... on Hide i have obtain a very long list say to me i have to upgrade some hardware....... look:

windows update hide P2VxpD.png

Apparently i don't have any HIDE........ but on Windows Update i don't find any update........ the list continue below and below again...

How i can upgrade all this driver ??? I have all activated inside my Windows Update option and inside the "Devices and Printers"..... someone can make some suggestion about this ?

DjDiabolik, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

windows update hide

1. windows update hide - Similar Threads - update hide

2. How to hide "minimum system req..." at windows update page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide "minimum system req..." at windows update page?: OK, I got it, "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows 11".But do you really have to show it forever? For god shake, how to hide and never see this again.By the way, I've tried it, and it sucks, you have turn all the single click-go buttons to...
  3. How to hide "minimum system req..." at windows update page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide "minimum system req..." at windows update page?: OK, I got it, "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows 11".But do you really have to show it forever? For god shake, how to hide and never see this again.By the way, I've tried it, and it sucks, you have turn all the single click-go buttons to...
  4. How to hide "minimum system req..." at windows update page?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?: Hello,Windows 11 user, latest updates/versions installed but this has been happening for the entire time I've had Windows 11. Under Personalization > Taskbar in the settings menu, there's the section for "Other system tray icons" which lets you pick which icons you want...
  6. Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?

Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?: Hello,Windows 11 user, latest updates/versions installed but this has been happening for the entire time I've had Windows 11. Under Personalization > Taskbar in the settings menu, there's the section for "Other system tray icons" which lets you pick which icons you want...
  7. Taskbar auto hide option gets deselected every time Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar auto hide option gets deselected every time Windows updates: Not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but I've noticed every time I do a Windows update the option to 'automatically hide the taskbar' gets turned off. It's happening every time I update and I have to go into settings to hide the taskbar again.Last update:...
  8. Taskbar auto hide option gets deselected every time Windows updates

Taskbar auto hide option gets deselected every time Windows updates: Not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but I've noticed every time I do a Windows update the option to 'automatically hide the taskbar' gets turned off. It's happening every time I update and I have to go into settings to hide the taskbar again.Last update:...
  9. Hide the 'restart to install windows 10 updates' popup

Hide the 'restart to install windows 10 updates' popup: Hi,I have several computers in a network that I've set to auto-update at certain times out of business hours. I've turned notifications off but I still get a popup during business hours asking me to complete updates that I need to hide. Is there any way to hide this popup and...
  10. Hide the 'restart to install windows 10 updates' popup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hide the 'restart to install windows 10 updates' popup: Hi,I have several computers in a network that I've set to auto-update at certain times out of business hours. I've turned notifications off but I still get a popup during business hours asking me to complete updates that I need to hide. Is there any way to hide this popup and...